New BMW Bagger - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger

Quote Originally Posted by Brewdog View Post
    The BMW K1600 "B" has impressive performance specs and I think it looks great too. There is no contest between K1600 and any CVO Harley. The K1600 will make ANY Harley look like its going backwards on the highway.

Sorry to hear Honda discontinued the F6B. I'm enjoying my F6B and plan to keep it. Sold my Harley a couple weeks ago. Not sorry at all. Actually, I was happy after seeing the latest HD public stock downgrade.
    ANy of the 1600 Beemers will outshine the F6B in Horsepower, but IMHO they don't look as good. Plus just like someone else brought up, the F6B does such a good job of mellow cruising, touring when you want, or getting down in the corners. I also believe getting the custom sound system like I have on my F6B would be a lot more of a challenge on the Beemer.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Corporate greed and profits, are the main reason why any company, produces new products. Just as slower sales than anticipated, is usually a death blow to a product, no matter how good the product is. The U.S. Bagger Market is huge, and most goes to HD. These other companies want a share of that market. I doubt they specifically targeted the F6, because they also know the F6 did not sell to expectations. Yes, it appears they took a good look at the F6 platform in the design of their new products, and may well have copied some styling. The 6 is a great machine, as we all know. I for one, am satisfied with my 6, and need not look for a replacement, unless I crash the bike. I'm hoping my 6 will last me for the remainder of my riding years.

Long Live Greed!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Corporate greed and profits, are the main reason why any company, produces new products. Just as slower sales than anticipated, is usually a death blow to a product, no matter how good the product is. The U.S. Bagger Market is huge, and most goes to HD. These other companies want a share of that market. I doubt they specifically targeted the F6, because they also know the F6 did not sell to expectations. Yes, it appears they took a good look at the F6 platform in the design of their new products, and may well have copied some styling. The 6 is a great machine, as we all know. I for one, am satisfied with my 6, and need not look for a replacement, unless I crash the bike. I'm hoping my 6 will last me for the remainder of my riding years.
    Thank goodness for corporate greed and profits. Without that, our only option might be motorcycles like the Ural!

F6B is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Maybe the CVO Milwaukee 8, but the torque/horsepower figures I've seen for the 107, I think we'll be alright on the B.
    Don't get me wrong. I tested a Rocket III, K1600, and F6B. I chose the Honda over all of them. It may not be the fastest, but it's close enough. It's also the best looking and most comfortable of the three IMO. And I'm sure it's the most reliable by far.

Big Moto

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Have you seen the Moto Guzzi Flying Fortress ????

http://www.revzilla.com/common-tread...orcycle-review
    I stopped by the local Moto Guzzi dealer. Liked it until I sat on it. It is, without a doubt, the most top-heavy motorcycle I've ever sat on. Most be those big beautiful cylinder heads sitting up high. Or I've been spoiled by the amazingly low center of gravity on my F6B. So unless you are built like Rocky Balboa... and I'm certainly not.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

+1

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Thank goodness for corporate greed and profits. Without that, our only option might be motorcycles like the Ural!
    Well said.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    Yes sir, well said. I love corporate greed. If anyone is against it you have the ultimate nuclear option...........don't freakin buy it. Stay home and make eggs and salads and talk to Siberia on the HAM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I waited on Honda to upgrade their Electronics to justify me letting my 1200 RT go in favor of the F6B. I couldn't give up all of the better bells and whistles, but now I don't have to. I get the more workable form factor of the F6B with the better electronics of my BMW. Plus that K 1600 powerplant is a screamer.

BMW just set another monthly sales record, and they are pouring money into R&D to try and meet the desires of their fastest growing market - the U.S. In person, that new Scrambler, based on the R9T, is one very cool looking bike, too.

R&D

Quote Originally Posted by mercator1 View Post
    BMW just set another monthly sales record, and they are pouring money into R&D to try and meet the desires of their fastest growing market - the U.S. In person, that new Scrambler, based on the R9T, is one very cool looking bike, too.
    I have to agree, BMW (and others) are building some exciting bikes these days, so they must spending much more on R&D than Honda. I remember the days, starting with the original CB750, when Honda completely dominated the motorcycle world. Every year or so they introduced a machine that sent everyone else back to the drawing board. The GL1000, the CBX, the 650 Turbo, the Interceptor, the NR bikes with oval pistons, not to mention the GL1500, were on the front cover of every motorcycle magazine. Today Honda is more focused elsewhere, giving motorcycles little more attention than their lawnmowers.

To their credit, Honda, with many of their recent products, is trying to create new markets for motorcycles. We're an aging group. I read a few years ago that the average age of Sturgis attendees was 58! Those are terrible demographics unless you're selling trikes!

One thing Honda still has going for it is reliability. I own a BMW, know friends with BMWs, and they are far from trouble free. The stories are backed up with numbers, too. A few years ago someone posted a clip on motorcycle reliability. I think it was from Consumer Reports, showing how many bikes needed repairs. Honda, along with Yamaha and Suzuki, were at the top with 11-12%. Victory wasn't bad at 17%. Harley was 26%, and Triumph was 29%. Can-Am was the worst at 42%, but BMW wasn't much better with 40%.