New BMW Bagger - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Bagger

Yup, nowhere near enough to the original concept. Exhaust looks goofy, bags look goofy and the front end doesn't do it either.... Disappointing as the concept looked cool. A bagger has to be long and low. I would sure like 160 HP though.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Well the exhaust is certainly hideous and the bags look tiny.

Mike

Agree. That whole bike is just put together wrong. Bavarian Motor Werks motorcycle Engineering and Design teams must've attended one too many Oktoberfests....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I sat on the 1600 Bagger at the EICMA show in Milan. It definately has a quality finish and typically BMW styled. Seating position was OK but I would modify or change the stock seat, my knees were a bit cramped at 6.3". I liked the ergos and the instrument cluster. It has a couple of features which I miss on the F6B and it's lighter with more power. It's a more modern bike with way more electronics and gadgets.
    But I am really happy with my F6B and will keep it, I see no need to change. I love the relaxed riding and cruising on the F6B. If i want more power and much less weight I take my 150hp KTM 1190R for hard ride. My wife also loves to ride with me on the F6 and we'll do a 2 week trip next summer. She told me: never sell that F6B! I guess that for once i'll listen to her.

Here are a few shots I took at the EICMA:

I really like this bike and will give it a hard look when it hits the showrooms next Spring. Besides the awesome power, I like the Bluetooth capability, electric reverse, electrically adjustable windshield, and some of the available accessories, such as the removable tour pack, Acrapovic exhaust, and the floorboards (as shown on the picture from the Milan show).
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

The tour pack may help, but it looks like it will only be a day tripper. The bags look so small and the passenger seat is feeble and small. From the butt of the pilot forward it is gorgeous and the electronics will be sweet. But I bought the B for long trips with more luggage. I did 2 weeeks away at school in OKC with the B loaded. I don't see how I could have gotten the same gear on this Beemer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

The pictures look nice of the bike and I hope to see it next Spring when it arrives here in the USA...Worth taking a "look-see" and hopefully a test ride..I will bet it is very fast, and should be, with more HP and lighter weight than the F6B..Wonder what the cost will be and other questions, ride, handling, etc. etc...Would not surprise me although if Honda does not do some nice up-grades to the F6B for future models as both MotoGuzzi and BMW now have competitive baggers!!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The tour pack may help, but it looks like it will only be a day tripper. The bags look so small and the passenger seat is feeble and small. From the butt of the pilot forward it is gorgeous and the electronics will be sweet. But I bought the B for long trips with more luggage. I did 2 weeeks away at school in OKC with the B loaded. I don't see how I could have gotten the same gear on this Beemer.
    I would wager the saddle bags hold as much as the F6B. They are reportedly deeper than my k1600 GT bags which seems to hold about the same as my F6B. Also, my k1600 GT holds my XL Shoei full face helmet and I can't fit it in my F6B. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg View Post
    I would wager the saddle bags hold as much as the F6B. They are reportedly deeper than my k1600 GT bags which seems to hold about the same as my F6B. Also, my k1600 GT holds my XL Shoei full face helmet and I can't fit it in my F6B. Just saying.
    Really? Wow. I can't wait to see one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I'd give the bike a go especially if Honda remove the F6B from their lineup

The only complaint I have about my k1600 GT is the wimpy speakers. The F6B speakers are far superior. However, the BMW has bluetooth, but I don't think it works very well. I prefer to listen through the bikes speakers.