The F6B is a great machine. For some, it may be too great. In other words, some people like the events that transpire while experiencing a high maintenance machine - during a journey. Remember, it's the journey not the destination...the grave.
i've had many bikes, and still have a number of them, which are being sold off slowly.

The F6B is a world class machine. So are many other machines. Some seem to have a heart, some are just a machine. It's an intimate relationship. I wouldn't own this bike if i had just one. If you are running at a higher rate of speed, stop and go in heat, riding in cold or in any poor weather for more than 10 hrs a day, especially multiple days, this bike is tops. It's best to be in shape to deal with the weight.

One of my other rides is a '69 shovel in a '57 frame w/handgammer on a manual lid. High maintenance. Another is a 100+ HP FXR with police bags - love those bikes, well the list goes on. As i whittle down the herd, I see my life go by. I gave a lot of other options up to ride. I didn't watch much TV, "go to the game", play golf or join the Elks. I met a lot of peculiar people (I guess Im one) & found my habit to be excessive...as demonstrated by responses i received, when i mentioned the number of bikes i've owned at a previous writing. It was my life, not a hobby. I'm glad i lived it. Now to why people sell??? it is a pain, as someone mentioned to change an art filter and some of the other things mentioned, for sure. This is 2016. Things change. No more pouring used oil on the garage dirt floor to make it hard. No more riding your woman with her feet in the saddlebags, no more adjusting the lifters every couple of days, or the five hundred mile runs that took3 days, not to mention what a cross country trip was like.

I miss all that stuff. That's why i'm not selling the hard tail, many others would, and they wouldn't be wrong. It's a different day. It reallly depends on your needs and your Spirit. The F6B does what it was designed to do very well.