#1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #1 reason guys/gals give for selling their 6b?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk6bgg6 View Post
    I gotta pitch in on this.I don't know why anyone middle age would give up on this bike.I'm 53 rode crotch rockets back into my 30s.Having said that this thing is older guys perfect touring bike.I can take the wife riding all day an the next weekend kick the heels up with spirited riding.Wifey no complaining of sore back etc.It's a great value especially used,this is my retirement bike.I may own others that are one dimensional ,but none as versatile.No it's not the cool bike everyone craves but I'm the one enjoying the ride.
    I bought my flawless red and black Deluxe with Kuryakyn ISO Grips, mini floor boards, kuryakyn highway pegs, luggage rack, driver and passenger backrest and really nice after market wind shield already on it. There was nothing left for me to do, and it only had 2,300 miles on it. I can't imagine why someone would have done all that and got rid of this bike that quickly, but to each his own, and it was my gain at a rocking good deal at under $14,000. I have never had a bike I enjoyed riding as much as this one. I am so comfortable on this bike, a comfort I couldn't reach on my ST1300, GS1200, Harley's, etc. After riding a friend's F6b one time, I knew I would own one, just had to wait on the right deal.

Easy answer, because they could. So many nice rides available, but most of us have only one. Having owned 17 different bikes I am one of those guys that have sold a great ride after 1 year simply for something different. Had a wonderful full Goldwing that my wife fell asleep on regularly, so I sold it for something less comfortable.

Some of us struggle between the need for speed and simply having a very nice ride.

Like a few members already mentioned, it's basically to try something new. There's so many motorcycle models to choose from these days I can't see myself being faithful to just one. Furthermore, I got on a motorcycle rather late in life and find myself wanting to own many bikes before I buy the farm. I've been very pleased with the last 3 bikes I've owned, but many more are waiting for me to own and enjoy. The F6B is an awesome machine and I'd recommend it to any one. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Easy answer, because they could. So many nice rides available, but most of us have only one. Having owned 17 different bikes I am one of those guys that have sold a great ride after 1 year simply for something different. Had a wonderful full Goldwing that my wife fell asleep on regularly, so I sold it for something less comfortable.

Some of us struggle between the need for speed and simply having a very nice ride.
    Ditto.
    I have owned 14 different bikes since 2005. I like a different ride, but this bike is a keeper for a lot of different reasons. It does a lot of things very well. Most bikes have a single purpose. Not this one. I would classify this as a "Cult Bike".
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many guys ride just to be cool and must have the latest and what's perceived to be the greatest. And that my son explains the HD success story. It's mostly marketing.

Humanity suffers from the old ad-dig "The grass is always greener on the other side". Unfortunately, we too soon forget what we stepped into when we got there and continue to look at the next other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    Happy here.... speed and comfort is a great combination on this bike. I plan on going 300k on this bike. Great for the highway fast or site.seeing. this bike loves the mountain roads. Still has the storing capacity for trips. I think this is the ultimate all.around bike with muscle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Many guys ride just to be cool and must have the latest and what's perceived to be the greatest. And that my son explains the HD success story. It's mostly marketing.

Humanity suffers from the old ad-dig "The grass is always greener on the other side". Unfortunately, we too soon forget what we stepped into when we got there and continue to look at the next other side.
    The grass is always greener over the septic tank. I'm keeping mine.

To add to my first response and to OP, I like my 6B very much and have no plans to sell it. I like the idea it will be discontinued, being unique in community that values uniqueness is an added bonus for me.

I receive more interest and admiration from other rides than I would have predicted. It's a capable, versatile bike for one or two up riding. Nimble enough for me to ride in any traffic scenario.

I don't regret the purchase in any manner. Just the opposite, I look forward to riding it as often as possible. It's not a perfect bike, or the best bike ever, but it is worth the price seeing as reasonably priced units are available.

Enjoy your ride

They miss the assless chaps diner runs with the rest of the weekend pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    They miss the assless chaps diner runs with the rest of the weekend pirates.
    Where you riding?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Some people just have the means to buy a new bike about as often as they change underwear. More power to them. That isn't my case or I'd have me a Ducati Duavil and, and, and

I've got my Valkyrie at 16 years old , it still makes me grin ear to ear. My F6B is about as close to an all around do lots of things bike as you can get. I imagine that if Honda really did a number on a really new and improved Gold Wing, I'd have some lust and contemplation for how to make it mine, but there are still plenty of things I envision doing to this bike. Each one will freshen it up and provide me entertainment to not let this bike get old. My next big thing will definitely be suspension.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"