Aftermarket front lights - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket front lights

What is the part # for our bikes?
    Let it be known and let it be written, this is the best bike I've ever owned, and I ain't shittin!

E/C Low Beam Cutout Harness...Part #02116
    For those who want to up-grade to H.I.D. on the F6B, you should install the Electrical Connection Part# 02116...This part will put an end to the igniter going bad from being started and stopped and started again each time you start the bike...

The directions are straight forward,
    Remove the seat...
    Remove the lid from the relays by removing the two screws and then remove the relays in the bottom tray.
    Remove the relay marked Head Light LO and place it in the new holder ( #02116)
    Plug the wires from the #02116 into the ports where you just removed the relay..
    Connect the Red wire to the TOP accessory screw inside the fuse box...
    Remove the front cowling, and either the oil filter OR the horn to gain access to the oil pressure sending switch
    Run the Black wire up to the front and down the face of the motor to the oil filter area, remove the boot from the oil pressure sending unit, loosen the screw and place this wire behind the screw and tighten, replace the boot and replace either the horn or the oil filter
    Test unit by turning on the key...the headlight should NOT come on, start bike and then the H.I.D. will fire and come on...replace seat
    Happy riding...great product and HID are well worth the time and effort!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

lights

Just got SoCalMoto hids, anyone have a good link for non hid hi beam bulbs?

Try racinglab.com for a wide selection of bulbs. Don't get anything above 5000K color temp as it starts to get blue and it impairs your night vision.

Thanks for info,

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    Try racinglab.com for a wide selection of bulbs. Don't get anything above 5000K color temp as it starts to get blue and it impairs your night vision.
    You're probably technically right but considering noon time sunlight is around 5600K (and that doesn't appear blue to me), I don't think you really start seeing blue in light bulbs until around 6K. The HID's from SoCalMotoGear are 6K and, to me at least, project a nice, bright, white light. Similarly, the 960 lower cowl lights are 6K and don't appear noticeably blue. To my eye, anything above that color temp starts being noticeably blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    Just got SoCalMoto hids, anyone have a good link for non hid hi beam bulbs?
    Since you already purchased the HID lo-beams from SoCalMotoGear, you might also want to consider their LED hi-beam bulbs. They are very bright and noticeable but don't expect super light projection down-the-road. I'm OK with it for my needs but you'll have to make your own evaluation. Still, each bulb draws only around 0.7 amps and color-match very nicely with the HID's.

Bulb Swap

I had a PIAA bulb in my Valkyrie which was a big improvement over stock. Is there a simple bulb swap that will give reasonable improvement to the F6B lighting without getting into added wiring, etc.? What kind of bulb swap yields results without overloading the electrics? Remove and replace is what I'd like.

Bruce, the first thing I did with my lights up front was to change out the low beams H-7 bulbs with PIAA Super White bulbs, and I was very happy with that. Then when I changed all my headlights to HIDs, I saved the PIAA Super White bulbs that were removed. Now that my bike is undergoing electrical repairs (yuck yuck yuck) I am re-installing new HIDs in the Low beams, but putting the PIAA Super White bulbs in the High beams this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Bruce, the first thing I did with my lights up front was to change out the low beams H-7 bulbs with PIAA Super White bulbs, and I was very happy with that. Then when I changed all my headlights to HIDs, I saved the PIAA Super White bulbs that were removed. Now that my bike is undergoing electrical repairs (yuck yuck yuck) I am re-installing new HIDs in the Low beams, but putting the PIAA Super White bulbs in the High beams this time.
    Thanks, Miles. Just exactly what I wanted to know. By the way, isn't it both you and the bike that are undergoing electrical repairs? All kidding aside, I hope you're comfortable and recovering well.