Aftermarket front lights - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aftermarket front lights

I order the 960 lights Bikemp3 has for mounting under the fairing. I will mount them to shine more toward the outside to help light up the ditches while on low beams.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I order the 960 lights Bikemp3 has for mounting under the fairing. I will mount them to shine more toward the outside to help light up the ditches while on low beams.
    Kevin, these are great lights from BikeMP3. If you mount them in their normal mounting position...they WILL light up the shoulders of the road, just like you want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Kevin, these are great lights from BikeMP3. If you mount them in their normal mounting position...they WILL light up the shoulders of the road, just like you want them to.

That's good to know. On the last two long rides I did, I had to finish in the dark and a downpour and the other in the dark over Chinook Pass, when using high beams with OEM lights it lights up the highway and ditches. But with approaching traffic and low beams only, I couldn't see much of anything. Like you, I'm using EC Single Shooters Amber color in the lower cowl which is for me being "seen". So, I'm looking forward to mounting the 960's. Even though I don't plan to ride after dark!
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like you, I'm using EC Single Shooters Amber color in the lower cowl which is for me being "seen". So, I'm looking forward to mounting the 960's. Even though I don't plan to ride after dark!
    So, Kevin, where do you plan to mount the new 960 lights ? Are you removing the Single Shooter lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    So, Kevin, where do you plan to mount the new 960 lights ? Are you removing the Single Shooter lights?
    I'm not replacing the Single Shooters in the lower cowl. The 960 lights mount under the head lights.
    Pete will be putting together a plug n play along with a switch I'll put in the left side fairing panel.

Attachment 2808
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Since you already purchased the HID lo-beams from SoCalMotoGear, you might also want to consider their LED hi-beam bulbs. They are very bright and noticeable but don't expect super light projection down-the-road. I'm OK with it for my needs but you'll have to make your own evaluation. Still, each bulb draws only around 0.7 amps and color-match very nicely with the HID's.
    Just ordered those mentioned above, colors seem to match well in pics. Pricey little buggrs, Thanks again for info.

I'm not replacing the Single Shooters in the lower cowl. The 960 lights mount under the head lights.
    Pete will be putting together a plug n play along with a switch I'll put in the left side fairing panel.

Attachment 2808

Oh...so are you installing the 960 single lights...one on each side...under the fairing nose ? Rather than the 960 Dual lights, like the ones that can be mounted down in the lower cowling ?

"IF" that is what you are doing, then you "WILL" want to "AIM" them, so that they look a little to the sides, rather than straight ahead. When the 960 Dual lights are used in the lower cowling, with two (2) 960 units on each side of the lower cowling, they provide enough side light to light up the shoulders of the road.

But these 960 single lights, mounted up under the nose of the fairing, they actually allow you to adjust them side to side a little, to light up the sides of the road better.