Missing My Bike!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing My Bike!

Missing My Bike!

Just finished reading a bunch of posts - and am officially depressed. Oh, I still have my 6B, sitting in the garage right where I left it before having bilateral partial knee replacement surgery Sep 24th.

Wife and I went on a 6 day 1900 mile epic ride through then southwest just before surgery and I thought that would hold me over through my rehab....... NOT.

My goal is to ride Xmas day (can do that in Phoenix). That will be three plus months without riding with no good reason like winter.

I'm not looking for sympathy - looking for a few of you to think of me when you're out riding next. Rip through the gears for me and crack a big smile.

Thanks

JB

Heal quickly so you can get back on your F6B and twist that throttle.

Sucks, we are entering the optimum riding weather now...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Smile When you are better

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Just finished reading a bunch of posts - and am officially depressed. Oh, I still have my 6B, sitting in the garage right where I left it before having bilateral partial knee replacement surgery Sep 24th.

Wife and I went on a 6 day 1900 mile epic ride through then southwest just before surgery and I thought that would hold me over through my rehab....... NOT.

My goal is to ride Xmas day (can do that in Phoenix). That will be three plus months without riding with no good reason like winter.

I'm not looking for sympathy - looking for a few of you to think of me when you're out riding next. Rip through the gears for me and crack a big smile.

Thanks

JB
    I don't know where you live in Phoenix, but when you're able to ride again you can come check out The "Flying Wheels" of Sun City if your interested in riding with others.

Most are retired and ride touring style bikes. On member just got a 2014 F6B to go along with me and my 2013 F6B.

Lots of Goldwings and Harley's.

We have rides just about 3-4 times a week leaving in the morning and going about 100 miles for breakfast leaving from Reems and Grand at the McDonalds.

Our website is flyingwheelsmc.org

There's also another group called the PowerRiders and they ride 1-2 days a week. They're more couple riding originated but couples do ride in the Flying Wheels too.

Hope you recover well, Good Luck.

I here your pain... I did the rehab thing and was back in the saddle in 4 weeks from heart surgery!!! It can be done...listen to your body and not the docs... Good Luck !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

UNABLE TO RIDE

hoping your knee heals fast, put the f6b away oct.29 will not be riding till end of april long wait for cold weather to end, wish i lived in a warm climate, riding the f6b is the best. Hopes this cheers you up.

Thanks for the well wishes - my down time does remind of living in a cold climate until I walk outside and it's pretty much perfect weather! DOH. But it also reminds me why I moved here as well.

I'm lucky, wife is a nurse and her sister a physical therapist and I have lots of good support however rehab takes the time it takes and there is no short cutting time. Normal full recovery, better than new type is 9 - 12 months. I will ride long before that .

RedDevil - thanks for the invite, although I just had joint replacement surgery I am only 51 and have lots of work years ahead before I can ride away any day I fancy. maybe I can meet up with you all on a weekend. I live across town from you in NE Phoenix near Cave Creek.

Steve - you're just a stud, plain and simple. From the posts I read that you were riding in 4 weeks is nothing short of amazing.

No doubt I will ride soon enough although it feels like an eternity. I am looking forward to no knee pain while riding which would be nice.

Ride fast, ride safe, have fun guys....

When I leave at 7:30 am on Sunday for the MN Swan Run the forecasted temp is 34*. Heated jacket liner and gloves will be turned ON. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by JBnAZ View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes - my down time does remind of living in a cold climate until I walk outside and it's pretty much perfect weather! DOH. But it also reminds me why I moved here as well.

I'm lucky, wife is a nurse and her sister a physical therapist and I have lots of good support however rehab takes the time it takes and there is no short cutting time. Normal full recovery, better than new type is 9 - 12 months. I will ride long before that .

RedDevil - thanks for the invite, although I just had joint replacement surgery I am only 51 and have lots of work years ahead before I can ride away any day I fancy. maybe I can meet up with you all on a weekend. I live across town from you in NE Phoenix near Cave Creek.

Steve - you're just a stud, plain and simple. From the posts I read that you were riding in 4 weeks is nothing short of amazing.

No doubt I will ride soon enough although it feels like an eternity. I am looking forward to no knee pain while riding which would be nice.

Ride fast, ride safe, have fun guys....
    JB, I'm not far from you in Anthem and I work full time too. Let me know if you ever want to go on a ride. I'm off weekends. Until then take care!

Sorcerer - I rode year round for two years straight in Connecticut when I was in college. First on Kawasaki KZ 550 and then on a Kwai KZ 900, gosh I miss that bike. I remember my roommates having to take my helmet off for me and forcibly moving my fingers to get them moving. O the good old days. Living in AZ for the last 18 years I am running for a sweatshirt when it's below 65 degrees! No heated clothes back in the day. Enjoy your frosty ride - hopefully you have heated grips too.

Bobby - we met during bike week at Buddy Stubs for the make a wish ride. when I'm back in business a weekend ride would be great.

Thanks for the therapy guys! Just talking bikes helps me deal with my withdrawal.

Josh