Rush Slip Ons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rush Slip Ons

Rush Slip Ons

I've about got myself convinced to order some Rush slip on pipes in chrome. Before taking the leap, I thought I'd ask those with first hand knowledge about any pitfalls or negatives you've experienced with the Rush units. What's your satisfaction level after putting some miles on them? How about the dreaded "drone"? What size baffles are you using? How about over-all quality/fit & finish, etc.? Considering price and service, who have you found to be a good source for Rush pipes? The Rush site shows GL1800 pipes. Are these what are used for the F6B?

Thanks in advance for your help. Much appreciated.

Bruce

I have my black ones on. No notible drone. I have the 2" baffles. My only complaint, but a personal one, I think the pipes/end caps are a little short for the bike.

There are some longer tips but Rush is on back order
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Rush

I also have the Black Rush pipes with 2.5" baffles. Sound is amazing. Like a foreign sports car. As for price not sure on best place. I snagged mine up on Ebay. They are a little short not by much with tips. GL1800 is all you are going to see for part numbers they do not have F6B specific pipes as I know of by now. I have put 3,000 miles on my pipes and all smiles still. You will not be disappointed.

Rush

I had Rush on my 2007 Harley, 2011 Harley and have the Black ones on Order For My F6B. They are great Pipes. If you find that they are too loud all you have to do is change the Baffles to a smaller size. I ordered mine directly from Rush Racing. Should be here tomorrow or the next day. I'll let you know how they sound in a few days.

Dickie

Been experimenting with some 2" baffles with extra wrapping still sounds good not so much of a drone
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

I have the longest tips they offer. They have a new 9" tip coming out nest month, but that is going to extend it out beyond the bike about 3". Just can't make me happy

For those with the black pipes, what have you done or are you planning to do about the chrome shields on the F6B? I'm still semi-considering the black pipes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    For those with the black pipes, what have you done or are you planning to do about the chrome shields on the F6B? I'm still semi-considering the black pipes too.
    Got mine powder coated same texture as the exhausts
    Pete
    BikeMP3

William Blake

I just hit mine with some high temp header paint. If it becomes an issue and starts peeling, I will remove and powder or ceramic coat. Don't forget to get the chrome covers way up front which covers the exhaust manifold. It just unbolts and remove the rubber trim around it.