Watch your mirrors !!!

Thread: Watch your mirrors !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    I have the led superbrights installed in the tail light. I know, we need to be continually alert regardless and a giant wall of flashing lights and sirens won't stop distracted drivers.

Even though the superbright's flash refreshes every 60 seconds with levers engaged, I'll refresh them manually while stopped when I see someone who looks like they're getting too close too fast.

Will, I thought you had the superbrights installed?

Also glad you avoided catastrophe...well done.
    Thanks.

Yes, I have the a pair of Hyperlights installed (16 LED each) and have them on the permanent flashing mode when the brakes are engaged. If someone is looking ahead; there is NO WAY you can't notice them. They are alarmingly stunning and bright. She had to had been looking at a cell phone or something else.

Also was wearing my high Vis Yellow mesh jacket and my white helmet. I also have those black reflectivel 3M panels on the rear of my saddlebags; which glow white when headlights hit it.

I think that I'm going to do the mod where you install an additional red bulb into the turn signal lenses. So I can get more red light on the back of my bike.

I also have some of that Solas type white/red reflective tape that I'm thinking about applying somewhere... rear and sides of my helmet perhaps.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Cool

Situational awareness.... have a place to go, always keep bike in gear and move when you hear brakes locked up !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

great advice

good to hear you avoided a sure bad accident but your right in saying always check your mirrors cause in today's age people have no respect for the rules of the road....it's always scary to be last in order of march at a stop sign or light.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Thanks.

Yes, I have the a pair of Hyperlights installed (16 LED each) and have them on the permanent flashing mode when the brakes are engaged. If someone is looking ahead; there is NO WAY you can't notice them. They are alarmingly stunning and bright. She had to had been looking at a cell phone or something else.

Also was wearing my high Vis Yellow mesh jacket and my white helmet. I also have those black reflectivel 3M panels on the rear of my saddlebags; which glow white when headlights hit it.

I think that I'm going to do the mod where you install an additional red bulb into the turn signal lenses. So I can get more red light on the back of my bike.

I also have some of that Solas type white/red reflective tape that I'm thinking about applying somewhere... rear and sides of my helmet perhaps.
    Will, I added a 14" red plasma rod from customdynamics.com underneath the luggage rack. That pulse the federal micropulse where the reflector used to be, and the led license plate frame from custom dynamics, and it's almost UFO like.

The one thing that might make you a lot more seem, is a brake light mounted up on the backrest. I've thought about putting a second micropulse up there, but not sure I can fabricate an attractive looking mount on my own.