2017 get together ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 get together ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dh2253 View Post
    As I live in North Central Texas, it would probably be about equidistant for me, so if the timing was right I would try to do both.

Regards,
    Dave
    I think that's a great idea - that they would be at different times to accommodate people traveling to both.
    I'm in that circle too!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

It would be great if something were organized closer to the guys out west (says the guys out west) I would be interested in east or west locations, but unfortunately for me, the ability to ride August through early November is severely hampered by my decision to coach my sons youth football team. My life goes on hold during some of the best riding months...so sad. But by all means...go west, young man!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

West

I was just looking at the map. I dont know the area but Cheyenne,WY isnt much farther a ride for us Midwest folks than NC or AR. Now that might be a trek for the East coast folks.

I just did a trip out to Denver and beyond !!! Unbelievable riding and the elevations will take your breath...literally !!! The problem there is it would take a week + to see some of it . I was out there for 2 + weeks. Read $$$$$.

I am a fan of NC. But would also like to see a West coast rally so those folks could attend...again $$$ for everyone from the East coast. When AK was first mentioned I stated the above. I still say it. You will gain some, you will lose some, it's nice to spread the love !!! Labor day weekend is a special weekend for me as I have been meeting friends that weekend for over 10 years. I need to be somewhere that weekend. Again we will gain some and lose some...

There are a lot of things in the air right now. I suggest we think about this over the winter and get serious about the discussion after Feb. first !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I would love to see something happen in the west. I have wanted to attend the last two years but making the trek from Oregon just eats up too much time and dollars (9-10 days to really do it right).

I do understand that the east has more people in a smaller geographic area but it would be nice to bounce out west once every couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    I would love to see something happen in the west. I have wanted to attend the last two years but making the trek from Oregon just eats up too much time and dollars (9-10 days to really do it right).

I do understand that the east has more people in a smaller geographic area but it would be nice to bounce out west once every couple years.
    I think for those in the west that are interested, best to set one up out here. Start small, & see who is interested, & make it a weekend event would be my suggestion.

C

I'm starting to think Colorado and Kentucky.
    Mid August and early September, respectively.

We would need some "on-site" members in each location to do the boots-on-the-ground work.
    - Find a decent motel, in a 'wet' county (lol)
    - Find a tent guy
    - Find some coolers
    - Navigate and document some good routes
    - Tie the Rally in with any local happenings, festivals, etc
    - Find a local Honda dealer who wants to sponsor us
    - Deconflict with any other biker operations. i.e. we don't want the Rally the same time as the _______ MC is having their annual bash.

If anyone has the people & relational skill sets to be the "On Scene Commander" for either one of those locations, please PM me and let's get a dialogue going and explore the possibilities.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'm starting to think Colorado and Kentucky.
    Mid August and early September, respectively.

We would need some "on-site" members in each location to do the boots-on-the-ground work.
    - Find a decent motel, in a 'wet' county (lol)
    - Find a tent guy
    - Find some coolers
    - Navigate and document some good routes
    - Tie the Rally in with any local happenings, festivals, etc
    - Find a local Honda dealer who wants to sponsor us
    - Deconflict with any other biker operations. i.e. we don't want the Rally the same time as the _______ MC is having their annual bash.

If anyone has the people & relational skill sets to be the "On Scene Commander" for either one of those locations, please PM me and let's get a dialogue going and explore the possibilities.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Not a bad idea at all. However; Kentucky can still be Gawd Awful hot in September. I attended two VRCC Rallies in Paduhcah, and it was so hot & humid that folks wouldn't come out of the hotel. Late September to mid October would be more comfortable.

funny you mention the heat

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Not a bad idea at all. However; Kentucky can still be Gawd Awful hot in September. I attended two VRCC Rallies in Paduhcah, and it was so hot & humid that folks wouldn't come out of the hotel. Late September to mid October would be more comfortable.
    I googled WingDing and for 2017 and they are having it in
    GRAPEVINE, TX Gaylord Texan Resort
    from
    Aug 29 - Sept 2, 2017

Can't stand the heat in Canada in July and those madmen want something in Texas in August. Too hot to even consider.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

I could probably do some leg work for Kentucky prospect.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"