Coolant leak now - I blame Seadog
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coolant leak now - I blame Seadog

Coolant leak now - I blame Seadog

J/K

Crap... now I have antifreeze clearly imprinting itself on the left side cylinder head/engine guard under the left side fairing. Just smelled coolant this afternoon and thought nothing of it... until I saw this:

Am torn between fixing it myself (hopefully a loose clamp) or if it's a bad hose... Honda should pay for it.

I absolutely hate taking my bike to the dealer to be mistreated ....under warranty

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Over filled?
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Does look similar to the pinhole leak I had fixed. Make them do a pressure test vs an assumption. I had to make two trips, but they did fix it good. I had the bike repaired just before AreKansas and never and have still not had an issue. Good luck.

If you can have them put helicopter coolant in vs motorcycle coolant. It works better....wopwopwopwopwopwop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Over filled?
    Not likely and impossible. It would just blow out of the coolant reservoir tank.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Does look similar to the pinhole leak I had fixed. Make them do a pressure test vs an assumption. I had to make two trips, but they did fix it good. I had the bike repaired just before AreKansas and never and have still not had an issue. Good luck.

If you can have them put helicopter coolant in vs motorcycle coolant. It works better....wopwopwopwopwopwop.
    I was revving it pretty hard today (actually the first time of REALLY getting on it - approaching redline on the tach) and then this happened. A high pressure pinhole leak of the hose perhaps?

I do have the repair manual and been looking at it all this afternoon. So much crap ya gotta remove to get to the hoses under the the left radiator.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

It's just that heavy oil your using

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    J/K

Crap... now I have antifreeze clearly imprinting itself on the left side cylinder head/engine guard under the left side fairing. Just smelled coolant this afternoon and thought nothing of it... until I saw this:

Am torn between fixing it myself (hopefully a loose clamp) or if it's a bad hose... Honda should pay for it.

I absolutely hate taking my bike to the dealer to be mistreated ....under warranty
    Causing your antifreeze to leak. lol

I had that same "pic", with the anti-freeze spattered on my lower left engine side. I traced the leak to the hose that connects to the top/front of the left side radiator. The cheap little hose clamp that Honda put on, was junk. I went to the auto parts store, and got a "real" hose clamp, put that on, and have ridden another 12000 miles without any leaks. Can't say that this is your issue, but I would check it out. And you are correct, it is a royal pain in the a--, to get the Tupperware off, just to check the hose clamp. Good luck, hopefully you have a service manual.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    It's just that heavy oil your using

You are quite a card

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    I had that same "pic", with the anti-freeze spattered on my lower left engine side. I traced the leak to the hose that connects to the top/front of the left side radiator. The cheap little hose clamp that Honda put on, was junk. I went to the auto parts store, and got a "real" hose clamp, put that on, and have ridden another 12000 miles without any leaks. Can't say that this is your issue, but I would check it out. And you are correct, it is a royal pain in the a--, to get the Tupperware off, just to check the hose clamp. Good luck, hopefully you have a service manual.
    Thanks, yes I have a service manual.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post

Just got done reviewing the repair manual in more depth; to get at those radiator coolant hoses under the left side fairing...

...basically I will have to disassemble the ENTIRE front end of the bike Everything except the front wheel/forks/fender

This is way more involved than an air filter replacement.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I agree with the post above,.... it's a loose clamp. Looks like the coolant is seeping under the hose guard and running down. If you go in check them ALL as it would be a mistake to just look at the one clamp.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike