Installed Torque Loops

Thread: Installed Torque Loops

Installed Torque Loops

First of all, I want to thank forum member JohhnyB for installing the following on my bike: torque loops, handlebar risers and black brake pedal. It was so nice seeing his very well organized garage, nothing like mine.

I bought torque loops from Phantom at the auction online. Money was to support the rally. I felt I'm doing a good deed since I was unable to make the rally this year (I was in NC mountains, though).

I have Cobra pipes on mine since they first came out. There was a small drone while riding around 65-70mph. I bought the loops because I read here that they get rid of the drone.

I have to say that it is correct. No more drone, just a pure great sound of the pipes. The bike sounds and runs like a hopped out version of a Goldwing that it is. No engine hesitation, pulls strong and continuous at any rpm. It just seems that engine runs more freely now. The sound is great when accelerating, plenty of growl, but then it quiets down while riding. The sound does not stay louder while going 60+mph, which I think was the drone before. I can hear my mp3's just fine with stock stereo.

I also like the risers, much better than before. I'm 6' tall and it feels great. These are MBL risers I bought from another forum member earlier. I understand that Heli bars are the best, but for around $50 these do the job for me.

Black brake pedal JohhnyB acquired from Steve and never used it so he offered it to me. It does complete the look.

I also finished my tour pak with arm rests project, just need to add a small cushion on the bottom. I'm leaving it on, I like the extra room for luggage, and I need it for passengers like my son or my mom. It can come off in about 2 minutes, it is only held with 4 screws and arm rests are attached to the trunk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Cool

Very nice...I always wanted to do the loops but kept getting talked out of doing them!!! Glad you did it...always better with a helping hand. That was the part I was missing.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I like that trunk. Doesn't look anything like the factory trunk that comes on the full Wing, which, IMO, is ugly as hell.

What brand is it? Where did you get it?
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Very nice...I always wanted to do the loops but kept getting talked out of doing them!!! Glad you did it...always better with a helping hand. That was the part I was missing.
    Thanks Steve, without Johhny it would have been difficult. Also, that is a black brake pedal he acquired from you!

Just rode home this morning from Brevard NC to Aiken SC. Bike purred.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    I like that trunk. Doesn't look anything like the factory trunk that comes on the full Wing, which, IMO, is ugly as hell.

What brand is it? Where did you get it?
    I like it too. I bought it last year from Honda dealer, it is a Honda accessory trunk for another Honda sport bike, maybe VFR1200 or CTX or something. It has Honda badge on top. It came in burgundy, I had it painted black. I'm sure it's made by Givi for Honda. Original msrp was $499, I bought it for $149. It was brand new and wasn't selling, dealer guy said.

I also had the custom back cushion made for around $50. The arm rests are from Graber Industries.

To me, Goldwing trunk lights do not match the bike lights. Honda redesigned the rear of the bike and saddlebags but did not change the trunk to match.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]