New F6B owner needing a windshield.. not sure what size, make and model.? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New F6B owner needing a windshield.. not sure what size, make and model.?

F4 Customs windshield for the F6B

F4 manufactures a windshield from High Optics Polycarbonate with not distortion. They also shed rain like Rain X on steroids and won't scratch even with steel wool.
    We make them in 14" 16" 18" and 20" in either tint or clear and with and without a vent.
    Please let us earn your business.
    330-968-4644
    www.f4customs.comF6B_tint_Sport_small.jpg14VT - Copy.jpgF6B18VT.jpgF6B_Plus 4.jpg

Well today I cut a notch at the bottom center of the 16" Klokwerks Flare and was able to drop it about an inch or more around the center brace. Drilled 3 new mounting holes and tightened it up. Perfect. Now I it's about mustache level and still good wind protection without being in my line of sight.

I ordered an 18" vstream and so far so good. I thought it would be taller than it is as I am 5'7 and this is at nose level on me. I can still see just fine over the top. No buffeting on me or my wife so far. We have not had much time to ride distance yet. These are super easy to install compared to my ctx1300 that I traded. That thing was a biotch.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015 F6B owner (purchased new 10/29/16)
    Traded in my 2014 CTX 1300
    Sold my 1995 Nighthawk
    Sold (1st bike) Kawasaki Vulcan 500

I know the V Stream is known to push air away from the sides but how is it from over the top? I always assumed the key was to get a "curved" shield to push the air up and over. Glad your find it works well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    I know the V Stream is known to push air away from the sides but how is it from over the top? I always assumed the key was to get a "curved" shield to push the air up and over. Glad your find it works well for you.
    I drove it 100 miles today on the highway. It seems to flex down an inch at speed and the wind hits about an inch down from the top of my helmet. I can turn my head easily when changing lanes and not get my head slammed by wind as I did before with the shorty stock. I did move my head from side to side to see if there was any wind and there was not much on the sides as before.

So far I am a fan, may try another style in a month or so depending on how this suits my wife as a passenger. It was only $140 for the 18".
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2015 F6B owner (purchased new 10/29/16)
    Traded in my 2014 CTX 1300
    Sold my 1995 Nighthawk
    Sold (1st bike) Kawasaki Vulcan 500

Very tempted to go with a Taka recurve. I hand a Windvest which is almost identical on my Road Glide and loved it. Just hate the guesswork with which size would be right.

Other than the fact that it is butt ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    After a while you don't even notice the adjustable hardware.
    My matte silver Deluxe and I both like the Bagger Shield, I have the one you can convert from 11 inches to 19 inches. It quite versatile and everyone has an opinion on what works or doesn't work. The Bagger Shield allows the stereo volume to be lowered but that shield might be too tall with the clear section up on top. But its easily inverted and the 11 inch might just be the ticket. But when you get caught in a rain, the tall version is a godsend.