To vent, or not to vent.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To vent, or not to vent....

Wow, it worked great on my Clearview. I pushed the lever down all the way and directed air on my abdomen and I could definitely feel it. Kept it closed when it got chilly too.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Personally, I love the versatility of my stock shield and the MRA bolt on spoiler. It functions almost as good as the Madstad. I have the clear spoiler and with the stock shield blacked out it is hard to notice that it is even there from a few feet away. In the lowest point, I can change the angle and get some protection or else raise it all the way for almost complete coverage---or I can retract it to the lowest position flat against the stock shield and I get all of the air I want.

This is my 5th setup and the only one that gives me every option for air movement that I can adjust in less than 10 seconds to fit the temperature of the moment.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never looked at one of those, will check it out. Thanks!
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Never looked at one of those, will check it out. Thanks!

Forgot to add the link.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-x...FQIaaQoddrIJAg
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Baker built hand wings work well to direct air flow towards or away from the rider. I have them installed as well as the stock tall Honda windshield and love them both.
    http://www.bakerbuilt.com/h18hw.html
    JAYGO

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    A little "male menopause" there Steve-o????
    Suddenly a bit warm at the wrong times?
    Lol.

When you coming up to the panhandle????

Not sure... male menopause...that's a good one !!!!! Always to hot here in F L A !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by terryboyle View Post
    but I could use an extension too. How much are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Vented it is. Thanks. Hey Steve080, have any of your passenger backrest extensions???

As of now I do not have any of the risers made. If I can get a couple more folks interested I may make a run after the first of the year ! So far there are two people interested.
    Thanks for the interest !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Looks like I'm between Baggershield and Clearview. Gotta decide if the recurve and tint are worth $100 more than the Baggershield. Those are the differences that I see anyway. I did like the looks of my Clearview.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Had a vent in the Clearview on my Valkyrie. Couldn't tell a difference whether open or closed. But I did have to replace the vent after about 5 years because it started to crumble. Bought the tall Honda windshield with vent for my F6B. Couldn't tell a difference when open. Installed Baker hand wings and those things work great. Have a Madstad shield now and love it.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Well I actually ordered a vent from ebay and installed it on my non-vented windshield myself (not sure of the brand). I Just took some measurements and cut out the hole using some blue painters tape where I made my marks and a grinder with a diamond blade. Also came back with a file and cleaned up the cut a bit. Worked out great!

Grant

Edit: Really glad I did this, I wasn't happy with the windshield before because I was getting some unwanted buffeting but the vent shoots a pocket of air straight up which creates somewhat of a bubble for the rider and cuts down on the buffeting significantly.