Added XM Radio - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Added XM Radio

You have to open the glove box and tune, preselect buttons. Not an issue for me because there are usually just a couple I listen to.

To clarify, unit uses the aux on the radio, volume controlled thru the stock Honda audio controls.

We have an XM interface on the bench that we are hoping to run via the USB interface this will give you full control and channel names on screen
    Pete
    BikeMP3

http://WWW.BIKEMP3.COM

"What is now proved was once only imagined."
    William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro66 View Post
    We have an XM interface on the bench that we are hoping to run via the USB interface this will give you full control and channel names on screen
    Thanks everyone.
    Pete I'd be interested in that if anything comes of it.

I would jump all over this when you have it ready to sell.

Please Post....

Please post when it's ready for purchase....I on it.

I use a Garmin Zumo 665 on a RAM mount on the left handlebar. Cable runs down under the stock cable cover, under the triple tree cover, then inside the fairing on the left side under the box. Powered from the Aux plug, I drilled and grommeted the bottom of the box for the audio input and antenna tuner cables. The OEM aux audio jack plugs into the Zumo's Audio input, and the antenna tuner is attached to the underside of the lid with Velcro.
    I also use a Sena Bluetooth system for intercom and music when the wife is aboard, when solo I can listen either via the Sena, or turn it off and the music automatically switches to the dash speakers. All in all I am very happy with the setup, and as the Zumo is waterproof I am not worried about rain. For those rare times when there is no sat signal I have a USB thumb drive with a few thousand songs plugged into the USB port.

power socket?

Hiflyer,

The power socket in the left fairing pocket that you plugged your Sirius/XM- is that an add-on? I had a 2002 Wing and i seem to remember that there was a low power OEM connection hiding under the left pocket. Is this still so? I need a service manual! Somewhere in one of these forums i saw a discussion of the best place to get said manual- i better get after it!

Thanks for the help and God bless,
    srkeet

Quote Originally Posted by JesseS View Post
    I use a Garmin Zumo 665 on a RAM mount on the left handlebar. Cable runs down under the stock cable cover, under the triple tree cover, then inside the fairing on the left side under the box. Powered from the Aux plug, I drilled and grommeted the bottom of the box for the audio input and antenna tuner cables. The OEM aux audio jack plugs into the Zumo's Audio input, and the antenna tuner is attached to the underside of the lid with Velcro.
    I also use a Sena Bluetooth system for intercom and music when the wife is aboard, when solo I can listen either via the Sena, or turn it off and the music automatically switches to the dash speakers. All in all I am very happy with the setup, and as the Zumo is waterproof I am not worried about rain. For those rare times when there is no sat signal I have a USB thumb drive with a few thousand songs plugged into the USB port.
    When you say the Zumo's audio input, I take it your talking the 2.5mm mic jack. In which case you would need a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by srkeet View Post

Hiflyer,

The power socket in the left fairing pocket that you plugged your Sirius/XM- is that an add-on? I had a 2002 Wing and i seem to remember that there was a low power OEM connection hiding under the left pocket. Is this still so? I need a service manual! Somewhere in one of these forums i saw a discussion of the best place to get said manual- i better get after it!

Thanks for the help and God bless,
    srkeet
    You are correct, the connection is there, and the socket was 20 some odd bucks.