I just dont know why
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just dont know why

I just dont know why

I just don't know why Honda did not give us a kit to add some kind of box to our bikes.
    It is so easy and they already have the mountsAttachment 24422Attachment 24423

Well it just might be that!

Quote Originally Posted by shortleg0521 View Post
    I just don't know why Honda did not give us a kit to add some kind of box to our bikes.
    It is so easy and they already have the mountsAttachment 24422Attachment 24423
    The reason they didn't was because the people that bought the F6B were trying to get away from having the big box on the back. JMHO

Amen Seadog!!!!

If I wanted a Goldwing, then I would have bought a Goldwing!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    If I wanted a Goldwing, then I would have bought a Goldwing!
    I just don't understand myself why some people try to add after-market top boxes to the F6B and struggle to find the correct fit, etc...Go and buy a "damn" Goldwing and forget all the extra hassles....Oh well, too each his own as they say!!!...Ride safe

The key here is removeable. Buying a regular Goldwing gives the altered seating position, and is permanent. Having a kit similar to what HD and Victory offer would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I just don't understand myself why some people try to add after-market top boxes to the F6B and struggle to find the correct fit, etc...Go and buy a "damn" Goldwing and forget all the extra hassles....Oh well, too each his own as they say!!!...Ride safe
    I'm really at a loss why the same old questions/comments keep appearing by people who surely have been on here and have had these same thoughts addressed many, many times.

It's more than the trunk that differentiates the F6B from the regular GoldWings.
    like seating position, weight , and yes maybe some made their choice because of price.
    Then there is the point that most of the "aftermarket " "hassles" or choices include the ability to ride with or without the trunk. The regular GoldWing doesn't give you this option without a lot of "HASSLE"
    Then there is the thought that some don't particularly care for the look of the trunk that comes on the GoldWIng and actually prefer the look of the Harley Tour Pac style of boxes.

All of these have been covered before, but since it would seem it is again being questioned, I thought I'd try to help.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by F6BPDX View Post
    The key here is removeable. Buying a regular Goldwing gives the altered seating position, and is permanent. Having a kit similar to what HD and Victory offer would be great.
    But they did.....it's called luggage. The OP never mentioned removable. It does seem like an inane question. I don't want to have to unbolt a fiberglass tub with my underwear and dancing shoes when I stop at the in-laws for the weekend. Just buy a Goldwing if you want the trunk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

A worthy attemp Jimmytee

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm really at a loss why the same old questions/comments keep appearing by people who surely have been on here and have had these same thoughts addressed many, many times.

It's more than the trunk that differentiates the F6B from the regular GoldWings.
    like seating position, weight , and yes maybe some made their choice because of price.
    Then there is the point that most of the "aftermarket " "hassles" or choices include the ability to ride with or without the trunk. The regular GoldWing doesn't give you this option without a lot of "HASSLE"
    Then there is the thought that some don't particularly care for the look of the trunk that comes on the GoldWIng and actually prefer the look of the Harley Tour Pac style of boxes.

All of these have been covered before, but since it would seem it is again being questioned, I thought I'd try to help.
    But again buy a rack for the back and buy an ultra tour bag from Kuryakyn which will more than hold all you could put in an add on trunk and is a very fast job removing it from said rack on the back of the F6B without having to worry about screwing down a large trunk on the back. I don't have a back seater and that large bag acts like a backrest when you put it on the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    But again buy a rack for the back and buy an ultra tour bag from Kuryakyn which will more than hold all you could put in an add on trunk and is a very fast job removing it from said rack on the back of the F6B without having to worry about screwing down a large trunk on the back. I don't have a back seater and that large bag acts like a backrest when you put it on the passenger seat.
    Sure, that's what I do. I have a Kury Grand Traveler and another bag I use that is actually a tool box when I'm just going for a couple nights (riding by myself).
    However, I am not questioning why some would choose a different option. I can understand possibly putting a trunk on. I myself have considered it, but I'd be leaning towards something like this for obvious reasons. At least obvious reasons to me.

Attachment 24424
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Holy Mother Of Rock Concerts! Bringing back memories when I spent 45 minutes 2 feet from the speaker system of a Twisted Sister concert. beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver