Deadly accident(last time i ride with large group)

Thread: Deadly accident(last time i ride with large group)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Deadly accident(last time i ride with large group)

Just left a veterans day bike run prematurely. Hundred of bikes traveling down parkway which they had closed down for us. Going maybe 75 . I'm near the back . Bikes slow down drastically and low and behold 3 bikes in an accident. One up the hill on the side still standing as i think the front wheel was stuck in the dirt. One poor fellow laying face down and he looked broken, I am not 100 percent but i am pretty sure he was gone. Those big packs are so dam dangerous !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Just left a veterans day bike run prematurely. Hundred of bikes traveling down parkway which they had closed down for us. Going maybe 75 . I'm near the back . Bikes slow down drastically and low and behold 3 bikes in an accident. One up the hill on the side still standing as i think the front wheel was stuck in the dirt. One poor fellow laying face down and he looked broken, I am not 100 percent but i am pretty sure he was gone. Those big packs are so dam dangerous !!!
    My first bike run ever was a large one like that. I hate them. the highway was blocked and everyone went bezerk. No one got hurt, but it wasn't pretty. I did my last one this past summer. Boston Wounded Vets ride. Never again. 7,000 bikes and we were bumper to bumper all the way. Once again, no one got hurt, but they're just not fun. I'd rather donate, then ride on my own.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I agree. Dangerous and stressful especially when you don't know the persons riding around you or their skill level.

I rarely ride with more than 2 other riders for that reason.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

I have 4 good life long friends and that is our normal riding group. And that's the way I like it. cueman

That is way I ride alone 99.9% of the time.

Most riders I watch can't even come to a stop without having to put both feet down. The access to my local Harley dealership for example (not picking on the Harley crowd...) has no left turn access to it, so if you're coming up to it in that direction you have to go to the light and do a u-turn onto a 2-lane road...Its pathetic how many are not able to do this, either without having to duck walk their bike thru it, or by having to pass the light entirely and make a turn into the plaza and come back to it....I have no desire to ride with these kind of riders....and to just join a large group, which I'm sure there are plenty of these type mixed in with it...No Thanks!

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I rarely ride with more than 2 other riders for that reason.
    +1

Sorry guys I stand corrected. The fellow is alive with serious injuries. I had rode straight back to the dealers after the accident to bull crap with friend that works there and he had told me they were told one man had passed away. So from what I saw it figures he had. Thankfully I was mistaken.