Auto train?

Thread: Auto train?

Auto train?

Hey all. Anyone ever auto train their bike out west to ride more norh South stuff in California!? Tell me about it if you will. Thanks

As far as I know the auto train only runs from Sanford Florida to Lawton VA. No East-West.

This is a pretty good video on the Auto Train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XFvZzGThBI

Always wanted to ride the train north... I have some friends who have done it a few times up to VA and rode back to FLA... the said it was great, a little pricey but good. There are trains that run West. Call Auto train they have the information !

Hope you have fun !

https://www.amtrak.com/auto-train-95...arch_autotrain

Look under destinations ...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Auto train Amtrak, whichever. I'm looking To go west from Virginia. Thought it would maybe eliminate travel time by getting to Southern California in a few days, 'mount up to go north and then turn east across South Dakota. Pacific coast highway, etc. I've done the two week to sturgis twice but this round has the wives with us and the desire to see a good bit of California. Any input, experience on such a plan?

Women -> California -> Wine Country
    End
    of
    discussion.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by Hdnvn View Post
    Auto train Amtrak, whichever. I'm looking To go west from Virginia. Thought it would maybe eliminate travel time by getting to Southern California in a few days, 'mount up to go north and then turn east across South Dakota. Pacific coast highway, etc. I've done the two week to sturgis twice but this round has the wives with us and the desire to see a good bit of California. Any input, experience on such a plan?
    You planning this trip for now, or next summer, hopefully. It's a bit late in the season to head thru the mountains for a long trip. Weather can turn nasty, very quickly at higher altitudes. I'm sure you know that. But, good luck, whenever you go.

Dont know about the auto train, but years ago I had several friends ship via truck their bikes to a bike shop in Cali. They flew out to meet the bikes, rode up and down the coast and then back home to Va. It was a helluva trip. Wished I had been able to make it.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe
    2007 Honda ST1300A (176K miles)
    2003 Honda VTX1800C (80K miles)
    Waaaay to many MX bikes to list.

Cool

About $5-6 hundred for shipping...could be worth it....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Yes! That's a more affordable plan is to ship bikes out to Southern California hotel or John Wayne airport, fly out a day early to meet the bikes and then take off on the PCH North. Turn right and head south east across Dakotas, etc home to Virginia. Would make more time for the the one way bike trek East rather than pushing it to get back to work in two weeks time. 5-6 hundred per bike? Anyone have done a group rate in the past? Where did you have the bike shipped, etc?