Madstad for F6B
Page 1 of 38 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

Madstad for F6B

Latest word from Mark: Yes, we've got a system pretty much ready for the F6B, very similar to what we have on the GL1800. It's not on out web site yet but should be by this time next week.

For those of you unfamiliar w/Madstad, its a windshield system similar to the Windbender concept.

No 'electric' option, but rake adjustment is included by design (not an 'add-on' item.)

They were the only solution that would work for me on my HD Road Glide...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

As I mentioned on another thread earlier today, I ordered my Madstad this morning. Should have it in a couple weeks including shipping time. Mark said that mine will be the second one out the door. I'm especially hoping for additional passenger comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    As I mentioned on another thread earlier today, I ordered my Madstad this morning. Should have it in a couple weeks including shipping time. Mark said that mine will be the second one out the door. I'm especially hoping for additional passenger comfort.
    They don't look all that aesthetically pleasing. Take pics and post when you get it. I am in the minority here (on wind shileds) but one of the reasons I bought the F6B was for the looks. Chopped shield, no trunk, little chrome: That's me. Coolness has its price!

Many Victory XC riders swear by Madstad. I feel they look pretty good on the XC and the RG, especially considering what it has to look like to do what it does.

The rake set at Madstads recommended 60 degrees on a full Wing looks a bit 'funky'. (Quite a bit more stand up angle than OEM) But again, rake is adjustable.

Bruce, would love to see pics / hear a review when yours arrives!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Many Victory XC riders swear by Madstad. I feel they look pretty good on the XC and the RG, especially considering what it has to look like to do what it does.

The rake set at Madstads recommended 60 degrees on a full Wing looks a bit 'funky'. (Quite a bit more stand up angle than OEM) But again, rake is adjustable.

Bruce, would love to see pics / hear a review when yours arrives!!!
    Sure thing. Will send as soon as I've put a few miles on the Madstad and can give a review based on more than just a spin around the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    Sure thing. Will send as soon as I've put a few miles on the Madstad and can give a review based on more than just a spin around the block.
    Let us know what other shields you've tried as well.

It's 'love-bug' season here and I wonder if the 'bug-gut' protection provided by a ~normal~ shield would be any different than the Madstad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Let us know what other shields you've tried as well.

It's 'love-bug' season here and I wonder if the 'bug-gut' protection provided by a ~normal~ shield would be any different than the Madstad.
    So far I've tried only the Cee Bailey's 13" with vent. Bought that size based on the sizing chart but wish I had gotten the 15". The 13" does a pretty good job though. To simulate a 15 incher, I duct taped the OEM shield to the CB 13 two inches above it's top edge. Didn't notice a lot of difference. I didn't like the duct tape redneck look well enough to leave it in place after the test run.

On the Madstad site there is a review that kind of addresses insects and also speaks well as to how it handles rain.
    Go to www.madstad.com
    Under "Motorcycle Products", Click on "Harley Davidson"
    Click on "Road Glide"
    Under "Alaskapade.com", Click on "Click Here"

Our top windshield bug testing season is over for the year here in the Sacramento area but maybe I can find some over in rice growing country or in the Sacramento River delta. The Sierra foothills are pretty bug free so no luck there. Night time rides in the foothills offer a better chance of testing the Magstad's ability to deflect deer. I'll give a bug report of some sort after putting on some miles. .

I'd post pics of my HD RG, with the Madstad, but its appearance may frighten some... Oh, but it will put you in a quiet bubble.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Hard to say if a bug would act like rain as far as the Madstad is concerned. Will have to check out the links you listed.

Eh, I believe I'd stay away from the foothills at night!!! No need for any 'deer-flecting' on your 6!!!!

(PSST. I use black duct tape. Not near as 'redneck' as the standard gray stuff! )