Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
Let us know what other shields you've tried as well.

It's 'love-bug' season here and I wonder if the 'bug-gut' protection provided by a ~normal~ shield would be any different than the Madstad.
So far I've tried only the Cee Bailey's 13" with vent. Bought that size based on the sizing chart but wish I had gotten the 15". The 13" does a pretty good job though. To simulate a 15 incher, I duct taped the OEM shield to the CB 13 two inches above it's top edge. Didn't notice a lot of difference. I didn't like the duct tape redneck look well enough to leave it in place after the test run.

On the Madstad site there is a review that kind of addresses insects and also speaks well as to how it handles rain.
Go to www.madstad.com
Under "Motorcycle Products", Click on "Harley Davidson"
Click on "Road Glide"
Under "Alaskapade.com", Click on "Click Here"

Our top windshield bug testing season is over for the year here in the Sacramento area but maybe I can find some over in rice growing country or in the Sacramento River delta. The Sierra foothills are pretty bug free so no luck there. Night time rides in the foothills offer a better chance of testing the Magstad's ability to deflect deer. I'll give a bug report of some sort after putting on some miles. .