Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
Well I put 300 mile on today and tryed all different angles and heights and almost every angle produces a whstile over 40mph.. BUT in lower positions and angled up i can get the wistle to stop. I put tape over every screw head and wrapped the knobs trying to eliminate the whistle. I even pulled the windshield off and put the fuzzy part of velcro between the shield and the brackets to fill the small gap. Nothing did the trick. I pulled the outer shield off and left the small shield and brackets mounted and went for a ride. No whistle. When the shield is in the lower position and tilted up, that must squeeze the breeze between the shield and the Fairing just enough to change something, but I am not sure what just yet.
Enough today, time to step away and think on it..

Ideas anyone ????
If you look back through this thread you will notice I tried about everything in the book. At a 60 degree angle there was nothing for me that got rid of the whistle. I have been running lately at about a 53 degree angle using the lower mounting position and the whistle is not present.