Madstad for F6B - Page 12
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Oh yeah, my box of Madstad goodies just arrived. Me and my dog Buddy, are going to warm up the garage tonight and put this baby on. Old Budster is good at passing tools and a great conversationalist. The best kind, he listens, with a cat eatin grin on his face.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Very detailed information. I am glad you guys are all getting these Madstad's dialed in to the point you have as clean an air bubble as a car but I just can't get past the looks. If it would work with the front shield angle matching the base or even raked back a little more I think it would be kinda cool. But as configured to "work" it looks like you are chasing a piece of plywood down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Very detailed information. I am glad you guys are all getting these Madstad's dialed in to the point you have as clean an air bubble as a car but I just can't get past the looks. If it would work with the front shield angle matching the base or even raked back a little more I think it would be kinda cool. But as configured to "work" it looks like you are chasing a piece of plywood down the road.
    I like the looks of my Madstad and the fact that it doesn't look like the typical generic piece of bent plastic. To me, it has an aggressive, high performance look of functional beauty. Different strokes...and another example of why Baskin Robbins sells 31 flavors, not just one.

It's interesting that of all the people stopping to admire my F6B, not one has ever noticed anything unusual about the Madstad windshield unless I point it out to them. In other words when you see the Bike in person the Madstad does not call undue attention to itself. I can however see how the multitude of close-up photos in this thread may tend to lead one to conclude otherwise.

I have the 11" shield and agree with Bruce that it tilts the overall look of the bike to slightly more aggressive (which I like). Furthermore, the looks become quite secondary once you experience what the Madstad can do when Dialed in. I've been riding 35 years on many bikes, many long trips, all kinds of weather. Nothing comes close to the Madstad mounted on my F6B.

Functional Beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    I like the looks of my Madstad and the fact that it doesn't look like the typical generic piece of bent plastic. To me, it has an aggressive, high performance look of functional beauty. Different strokes...and another example of why Baskin Robbins sells 31 flavors, not just one.
    Functional Beauty, I like that, kinda like exhaust header wrap on a bobber.

From D-Shark: "In other words when you see the Bike in person the Madstad does not call undue attention to itself. I can however see how the multitude of close-up photos in this thread may tend to lead one to conclude otherwise."

That is probably what the problem is. I have not seen a Madstad equipped bike in person. I do like your reports, very detailed and informative.

Thanks.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Lucas;17870]. The service from Madstad is outstanding. They return both telephone calls and email!

QUOTE]

I've been happy with their service as well.

I'm working via email w/Chris describing my dial in/results,,,,

Just got in from a few days riding out in the Hill Country. Not sure how many other Madstad-equipped F6B's are running air wings under the mirrors, but I'm finding some 'cause-effect' in my set up,,,,

I've adjusted the 'Stad ~19 different ways from south~ so far,,, Still have a little helmet flutter 70-80 mph. (great at 60 and under)

Close the wings and the flutter is all but gone, but,,, it feels like someone is pressing forward on my upper back, shoulders, and on the back of my helmet. (pressure) Open up the wings a bit, the pressure fades, and the flutter comes back,,,

Even before this last trip,,, Chris had an idea,,,, I just emailed him my latest results. I'll wait until I hear back from him before I divulge our next step,,,

My dog is ticked. Ol' Buddy had the garage warmed up last night, his tools laid out, and his best cigars ready for us to kick back after installing the delivered Madstad package. Only problem, seems the wife confiscated our box while we weren't looking, wrapped it, and put it under the tree. The Budster won't even look at me, just raises his tail and shows me his backside as he walks out of the room

First Impressions:
    No buffet, less noise, no back pressure. Easily adjustable. One adjustment into the short test ride and I think I have it. More later

Springfield, IL to Sarasota, FL, 1,150 miles and the Madstad was a big help in the cold. No helmet buffet and no neck pain.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Working w/Chris and now Cody at Madstad.

Just out of my own curiosity,,, (not a suggestion from Madstad) I'm going to try pulling the (National Cycle) under-mirror wind wings off.

{At least at that point, it eliminates a variable that others may not have on their 'stad-equipped' bikes.}

Again, I'm not having 'big' problems,,, I'm just in the relentless pursuit of perfection!!!