Madstad for F6B - Page 2
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Madstad for F6B

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipmaker View Post
    I'd post pics of my HD RG, with the Madstad, but its appearance may frighten some... Oh, but it will put you in a quiet bubble.
    They do look different, but some sizes/tints do look better than others! So far, I really haven't ridden enough at high speed to to determine that the 'baggershield' is 'not good enough'

But, I need to make a confession,,,

"My name is Scott, and I'm a 'windshield-aholic"! I had close to a dozen different windshield combinations for my last bike,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Hard to say if a bug would act like rain as far as the Madstad is concerned. Will have to check out the links you listed.

Eh, I believe I'd stay away from the foothills at night!!! No need for any 'deer-flecting' on your 6!!!!

(PSST. I use black duct tape. Not near as 'redneck' as the standard gray stuff! )

Thanks for the tip on the black duct tape, Scot. I'll have to look for it at Home Depot or Lowes. With the gray tape, I kind of missed the mark on the chrome look I was trying for.

They do look different, but some sizes/tints do look better than others! So far, I really haven't ridden enough at high speed to to determine that the 'baggershield' is 'not good enough'

But, I need to make a confession,,,

"My name is Scott, and I'm a 'windshield-aholic"! I had close to a dozen different windshield combinations for my last bike,,,,
    Me too, I bet I have at least 6 old winshields from all my past bikes. I have this fantasy that I will make a cool wall collage in future... I did sell a few.
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
    As I mentioned on another thread earlier today, I ordered my Madstad this morning. Should have it in a couple weeks including shipping time. Mark said that mine will be the second one out the door. I'm especially hoping for additional passenger comfort.
    Any luck in receiving the Madstad yet?

I've got an 'itchy mod-finger' just dying to get something,,,

Any luck in receiving the Madstad yet?

I've got an 'itchy mod-finger' just dying to get something,,,
    UPS tracking shows that it's here in town, on the truck, and out for delivery later today. Pics and opinions to follow after I have some miles on it, maybe not until after this weekend.

GOOD DEAL!!!

Glad to hear it's 'almost here'!!!

Looking forward to your report!

Madstad Install

Going to attempt to post links to the install of a 16" Madstad on my F6B:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-1...017_175333.jpg
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-v...017_175218.jpg
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-y...017_175608.jpg
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2...017_175432.jpg

The shield looks much better installed than I was expecting it to. On the Madstad site they suggest a 20" shield for a 6'2" tall rider on the F6B page. I emailed Mark and let him know according to my measurements (eye level sitting on the bike) the 20" shield would be way too tall. The shortest shield the site listed on the F6B page was a 16 inch which I suggested to Mark would still be too tall. Mark emailed back he thought the 16" would be the one for me so I ordered that. After all they are the experts.

Installed the 16" shield today and it's too tall by at least 3" when the brackets are adjusted as low as possible. Riding behind a Minivan today when I looked over the top of the shield I was looking well over the top of the van. A little disappointed they would not be aware of what works on the F6B with stock seat. I got the Dark Grey which looks really nice on the black bike but think this would be tough looking through at night, not to mention bugs and road grime. In any event Mark understood I wanted to look over the top of the shield. I have an email into him to see where we go from here.

The brackets have about 3" up and down adjustment. I'm thinking an 11" shield would be about right. Brackets all the way down = 11" to top of shield, Brackets all the way up = 14" to top of shield. It will be interesting to see what Mark comes back with as far as a recommendation.

Otherwise I really like how easy these brackets are to adjust, simple yet elegant. I can say there is a lot less wind noise and buffeting but will wait to make a final judgement when I have ridden with a shield that I can actually look over.

Ugly

I understand form over function but it better work really good because it is not very attractive.

Ugly Needs Some Love Too:

Do four or five 600 mile days back to back and I bet this shield starts to look a lot better fast to the guy in the saddle. As I said I will wait to pass final judgement until I have put on some significant miles with a shorter shield.

I have a Harley that is basically a Bar Queen with no shield for the Cool-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    I understand form over function but it better work really good because it is not very attractive.
    Tell us all what shield YOU like!

Don't forget your standard 'pay a price for coolness' disclaimer at the end!!!

Nah, I think it needs a little tweaking, and a shorter version would look better.

Would like to see the lower line of the upper shield match the fairing contour a little closer,,,,,