Reverse on an F6B

Thread: Reverse on an F6B

Reverse on an F6B

Has anyone research The possibility of the F6B for having reverse? It may be only a small modification to obtain this option.
    Why I say that is on YouTube there is a guy (GERLBIRD-6F) that is located in Japan and any one of his videos he's backing the bike up a hill into his storage space and stated they reversed is a great option.
    I'm thinking all US F6B bikes probably/may have all this already installed mechanically and you just have to connect the wires/install a switch maybe?
    I think Honda is holding out on us so they can increase the price when they bring this to market. Being a technician myself I believe it would be cheaper for a Honda to produce this on all bikes and do the update so the reverse to work in a future model unless somebody beats them to the punch. What's your opinion thank you and have a merry Christmas.

This did pop up not too long ago (November?)....try the search bar.
    I think it was VERY cost prohibitive as we did not NOT have the mechanics in place.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    This did pop up not too long ago (November?)....try the search bar.
    I think it was VERY cost prohibitive as we did not NOT have the mechanics in place.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve - you are correct, it would be a huge job. Besides all the electrical relays, switches, wiring etc. that are NOT there on the F6b (I just checked the manual), the starter motor itself is different and does not have the planetary gear assembly required for the reverse function. While I love the reverse function on my BMW, I just have to remember not to go nose down with the F6b. Worked out so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Steve - you are correct, it would be a huge job. Besides all the electrical relays, switches, wiring etc. that are NOT there on the F6b (I just checked the manual), the starter motor itself is different and does not have the planetary gear assembly required for the reverse function. While I love the reverse function on my BMW, I just have to remember not to go nose down with the F6b. Worked out so far.
    If you park in the right places reverse is a waste of money and time...I am fairly short on the inseam, almost 77 years old, and generally have no issues with backing up the bike...although, I stay away from any inclines when parking the bike.....Ride safe

F6b in Australia has a reverse. Not sure why Honda wud leave it out in US market.