F6B lives on - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F6B lives on

If you want it, are still riding and can afford it buy it. I rode one and it was very cool but almost the same style of bike as the F6B / sport touring in my opinion.
    It was faster and probably handles the curves better. At the price they want for the 1600GTL or bagger I could go and get a Yamaha FZ-10 or maybe a used low mileage Ducati Diavel and have both a world class sports touring bike (F6B) and a comfortable world class high speed standard sport bike that would really perform for shot blast on the twisties (Ducati Diavel or Yamaha FZ-10)

F6B $13,600
    Yamaha FZ-10 $12,000

$25,600.00 maybe less!!!

Steve

Strange. They didn't update the audio system or add ABS.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Good to hear. Honda Canada's site just says "coming soon" for the 2017 F6B.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Strange. They didn't update the audio system or add ABS.
    Yeah, what's up with Honda?
    Seems like they have some problems since closing Marysville.
    Not too much innovation, they're adopting the "how little can we do and get away with it" attitude.
    There's a whole list of current bike features the Goldwing/F6B should already have as standard.
    Honda needs to get it's act together soon, or they're going to be left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Yeah, what's up with Honda?
    Seems like they have some problems since closing Marysville.
    Not too much innovation, they're adopting the "how little can we do and get away with it" attitude.
    There's a whole list of current bike features the Goldwing/F6B should already have as standard.
    Honda needs to get it's act together soon, or they're going to be left behind.
    I am not in the market for another bike, but I totally agree with you on Honda products lately...Went to Motorcity Power Sports yesterday just to "kick tires" and was very disappointed in what Honda had available on the floor compared to the other Japanese companies. Victory, Indian, BMW, etc. are "leaving Honda in the dust" when it comes to new bikes!!!.....Ride safe

Circle-5

K1600B vs. F6B

The US price on the 2017 F6B is still "TBD", per Honda Powersports website. It really looks like someone at American Honda suddenly woke up when BMW launched its K1600 bagger, then decided to keep the F6B in the US catalog another year. Of course, they could have used that opportunity to add ABS, and perhaps even reverse, as in Canada and Australia. But they didn't. No big surprise here. Thankfully, the GL1800 was so far ahead of everyone else that it's still competitive after all these years. I just wonder how much longer Honda thinks it can coast on its former reputation as no.1 in technological innovation ...

Reminds Me of the Valkyrie

This sounds familiar. The original Valkyrie was available as a Standard, Tourer, and Interstate, in multiple colors, for a few years. In 2003, its final year, only the black standard was offered.

I'm glad the F6B is still available, though. It's the best bike I've ever owned even if it is a 17 year old design. Come to think of it I was 17 when Honda brought out the original CB-750. That bike changed the world of motorcycling and the competition didn't know what hit them. Honda today isn't the same.

Matte White Paint?

Hi Guys, first post here. Have been following the B for a while due to interest. This new white has me salivating, but am down in oz so no idea if it will ever get here. Question, Has Honda remedied its paint problem in the later models? Did they change to a multi coat instead of one? Wondering how a 'matte white' would fair. Cheers.

PS. Am currently on a Night Train and original Copper/Silver busa. (looking to part with the busa after 17 yrs...me ol bones (61) can no longer take the aggressive position with any comfort).

Now the link is dead, and the website no longer has the 2017 F6B Deluxe shown.
    2016 GL1800 F6B-D
    IBA Member since Y2K
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhox View Post
    Now the link is dead, and the website no longer has the 2017 F6B Deluxe shown.
    try this one http://powersports.honda.com/touring...-wing-f6b.aspx