Clunk whenever I hit a bump

Thread: Clunk whenever I hit a bump

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lurking luddite View Post
    I mentioned a cluck in the front end when I dropped the bike off for rear brake recall.
    When I picked it up they had changed the steering head bearings all nice and quiet now.
    See, I think Honda has some issues with a handful of bikes out there. There are way too many people complaining about the front end clunking and there is no way people have enough miles to have worn out the bearings yet, a few yes but generally most have not. Mine started at around 4500 miles and it was bad when I got in there, everything was really loose. It's not fun to get to the stem nut/bearings but if you have unexplained front end clunking/clacking you should at least have them checked.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    See, I think Honda has some issues with a handful of bikes out there. There are way too many people complaining about the front end clunking and there is no way people have enough miles to have worn out the bearings yet, a few yes but generally most have not. Mine started at around 4500 miles and it was bad when I got in there, everything was really loose. It's not fun to get to the stem nut/bearings but if you have unexplained front end clunking/clacking you should at least have them checked.
    Yea.. it's always something with these bikes. First the rear differential low on gear oil; then brake recall... then radiator hose clamp coolant leaks, now improper assembly of the head stem bearings... Is a huge pain it the butt to check them. But I am getting GOOD at ripping this bike apart thank gawd.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hey Terry Boyle, is Cougar boats still in production up there in Mississauga?
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike