Can someone please explain...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain...

Can someone please explain...

Why Honda would:

A). Put the usb connection in the sidebag
    B). Leave the connection hanging from the top the way they did? Why not put an extra few inches of cable to at least set a player down in the trunk. One of the dumbest designs I have ever witnessed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single advantage to leave just enough wire to leave an MP3 player dangling while riding, which is how they designed it if bags aren't in the saddle bag. Just makes no sense.

This issue is length. Only certain cords can be that long and any longer causes issues. Most of us used two sided tape to hold a device or thumb drive on the wall of the bag. There are extensions but again the length thing causes issues. Try a thumb drive !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    This issue is length. Only certain cords can be that long and any longer causes issues. Most of us used two sided tape to hold a device or thumb drive on the wall of the bag. There are extensions but again the length thing causes issues. Try a thumb drive !
    That actually does make sense, but goes back to the placement of it. Why not put it closer, somewhere up in the dash in the cubby or create another cubby. Just cheap and/or bad design IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    That actually does make sense, but goes back to the placement of it. Why not put it closer, somewhere up in the dash in the cubby or create another cubby. Just cheap and/or bad design IMO.
    I agree completely with you
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Same place on the GL's as well.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

A lot of bikes seem to put the USB in the bags. The VStar 1300 does that as does another brand that I cannot recall at this time.

On the Chieftain, the USB was in a tiny bin with a flimsy plastic cover in the lower right of the fairing, which is only accessible underneath. A complete PITA. They give you a little pouch to put your phone in. Mine barely fit with the OtterBox on it. They do have Bluetooth as an option, but can't charge the phone via Bluetooth connection.

I use an extra 3' power supply cord for my iPhone connected to the USB in the bag at all times. When I use it, I connect to my phone and hold the device in place under the rubber strap that secures the owner's manual.

Since I got the Ram Mount, I have been using the auxiliary 3.5mm jack and power supply in the fairing cubby.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

It makes since is you buy the "lid organizers" then there is a pouch right where it needs to be.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    It makes since is you buy the "lid organizers" then there is a pouch right where it needs to be.
    Oh, it makes sense if I buy something extra to improve on the shotty design?

I wasn't aware of those. I'll take a look at them. Thanks for that info.

Just another one of those things that makes you scratch you head and think.... I have a Garmin 590 Zumo and Bluetooth through that. It came with USB connectors that I ran to the front left compartment where I charge my phone. Seems to work for me, but when I am on the bike I am not worried about a phone.

I use one of these it works just like a cap for the USB port but has 64BG of storage (tiny / no weight). I put it in and let it hang and have never had an issue for almost two years. All you need is the music files and the stereo does the rest. You do not need or probably want a mp3 player!!!

SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-064G-B35
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$14.99