Can someone please explain... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain...

64 GB is almost over kill

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I use one of these it works just like a cap for the USB port but has 64BG of storage (tiny / no weight). I put it in and let it hang and have never had an issue for almost two years. All you need is the music files and the stereo does the rest. You do not need or probably want a mp3 player!!!

SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-064G-B35
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$14.99
    I put a Sony Walkman with 14 GB capability in my left bag velcro'd to the back wall and have 55 CD's recorded on it and they only used up a little over 2GB so I could possible record over 300 albums on it and still have room for more. On an all day ride I don't get thru 1/4 of those Cd's and also one nice aspect is the fact that the Sony has a little power coming out of it more so than a thumb drive which has none. The amplifier in the bike takes that little bit of power and amplifies the music to the speakers, its definitely a good volume coming out of the speaker system as at freeway speeds I am only running the system at 13 or 14 on the volume with no distortion and nice crystal clear music. Oh and the Sony comes with a USB cable ready to plug into the port in the left bag. But then again you won't get the Sony for $14.99 but I still think its worth the extra cash.

Did not say it was smart of them but it does seem to be the answer. Im using an Ipod even though I hate CrApple stuff but Honda did not ask me when designing the audio system. My 2014 Kawasaki Vaquero was the same way, if you use CrApple you can control the audio from the system, android your shit out of luck! Seems a little biased to me and my phone won't even fit in the left cubby.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I bought a little mesh iPod holder from Honda that attaches to the front inside of the saddle bag. Works like a charm and the iPod doesn't bang around in the bag.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I empty out saddlebags when washing the 6 and when done always water in bags and that is from a garden hose. I velcro ed player and never had any problems with water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I use one of these it works just like a cap for the USB port but has 64BG of storage (tiny / no weight). I put it in and let it hang and have never had an issue for almost two years. All you need is the music files and the stereo does the rest. You do not need or probably want a mp3 player!!!

SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-064G-B35
    Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$14.99
    Yep, I use and do the same thing, I have about 3,200 music files on mine and it is only about 1/2 full. Last May I rode all the way from the coast of Calif. to Corsicana TX. and back and never heard the same song twice.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Why Honda would:

A). Put the usb connection in the sidebag
    B). Leave the connection hanging from the top the way they did? Why not put an extra few inches of cable to at least set a player down in the trunk. One of the dumbest designs I have ever witnessed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't think of a single advantage to leave just enough wire to leave an MP3 player dangling while riding, which is how they designed it if bags aren't in the saddle bag. Just makes no sense.
    Try a thumb drive [never needs charging], or move your mp3 player into the left cubby.

Honda seems to build products conservatively to maintain reliability and ease of maintenance, and installs/endorses only the technology it has nailed down. IMO

The way it's placed works fine for a thumb drive, and it can be easily moved out of the way for gear.

As an aside the iphone/ipod connects with a 3 foot oem cable and can lay down in the bag, not sure why a knockoff mp3 player wouldn't behave the same.

Does the extra power from the Sony really add extra power when played through the bike stereo?

I have a Boosteroo I think it was called for bumping up the headphones so I could hear the music from my android phone back on the Harley. I don't think it added power when played through the handlebar speakers though. It played through the 3.5mm head phone jack.

Steve

Never, Never, Never any water on my bike

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    I empty out saddlebags when washing the 6 and when done always water in bags and that is from a garden hose. I velcro ed player and never had any problems with water.
    Garden hose or anything else, I have use Bike Spirit Cleaner wax and polish to clean and prep the bike for each ride and touch ups I use a damp micro fiber towel with a dry one for finishing.

I am curious about this as well

Does the extra power from the Sony really add extra power when played through the bike stereo?

I have a Boosteroo I think it was called for bumping up the headphones so I could hear the music from my android phone back on the Harley. I don't think it added power when played through the handlebar speakers though. It played through the 3.5mm head phone jack.

Steve
    Seems like an actual mp3 player sounds better than music stored on my phone. I wonder how music played from this would compare to the mp3 sound?

Even a small amount of power

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Seems like an actual mp3 player sounds better than music stored on my phone. I wonder how music played from this would compare to the mp3 sound?
    Would be amplified by the amplifier in the bike, more power into the amp means more power going out to the speakers. I am not exactly sure but I believe its putting out about a 1/2 watt into the amplifier.