Can someone please explain... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please explain...

Gotta make sure that you are not overloading the pre-amp on the stock amplifier.
    Too much and after a while pffffft....there goes the genie.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I bought a cheap 6' or 8' long usb to lightening cable and use it to connect to the usb cable in the saddlebag. no issues whatsoever with it not working. and i can use it to play the music files from the iPhone 6 plus, voice directions from google maps on the phone, and charge the phone at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    I bought a cheap 6' or 8' long usb to lightening cable and use it to connect to the usb cable in the saddlebag. no issues whatsoever with it not working. and i can use it to play the music files from the iPhone 6 plus, voice directions from google maps on the phone, and charge the phone at the same time.
    How did you route that, and where do you keep your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    How did you route that, and where do you keep your phone?
    I have the whole cable in the left saddlebag. the phone is in it's holder and clipped to the strap in the bag. On a previous bike I had the phone in a aquabox on the handlebars, and thought it was just too distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, I use and do the same thing, I have about 3,200 music files on mine and it is only about 1/2 full. Last May I rode all the way from the coast of Calif. to Corsicana TX. and back and never heard the same song twice.
    After reading the responses here, I ordered one of these. Works great. I'll just leave it attached to the cable. I was convinced the sound from the MP3 player would sound better, but after switching them back and forth a few times, I believe the sound is identical. This is a great solution. Actually, I have a blue tooth helmet and will probably still use my phone hooked up to that most of the time anyway, but this is a good option when I want to listen to the music through the speakers.

Do most of you listen to music through the speakers while wearing a full face helmet?

After reading the responses here, I ordered one of these. Works great. I'll just leave it attached to the cable. I was convinced the sound from the MP3 player would sound better, but after switching them back and forth a few times, I believe the sound is identical. This is a great solution. Actually, I have a blue tooth helmet and will probably still use my phone hooked up to that most of the time anyway, but this is a good option when I want to listen to the music through the speakers.

Do most of you listen to music through the speakers while wearing a full face helmet?
    Yes, I find the bikes speakers very good for music and even talk radio with my full face Shoei Quest helmet as long as the signal is strong.

I think it sounds louder and clearer playing mp3, than the am/fm radio.

Cool Glove Box

When the guys did my conversation I got them to move the USB to the main glove box. I use a memory stick with a few thousand Blues tracks on it, good times
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    When the guys did my conversation I got them to move the USB to the main glove box. I use a memory stick with a few thousand Blues tracks on it, good times
    Good move. That sounds much more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, I use and do the same thing, I have about 3,200 music files on mine and it is only about 1/2 full. Last May I rode all the way from the coast of Calif. to Corsicana TX. and back and never heard the same song twice.
    I ended up getting one of these and it's a great option. The only issue I have with it is it starts at the beginning of the song list every time I start the bike, so I'm having to skip ahead each time so as not to hear the same songs over and over. Has anyone figured out a work around for this?