How do you watch TV? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you watch TV?

We're bundled up here in Michigan

Charter cable is a greedy outfit but the direct TV and the others are almost as bad. But you put a dish in the yard and the first few drops of rain or snow flakes takes those out. So I am stuck with the greedy Charter cable, I have the sports package and extend basic and the HD. High speed internet, and phone. They are reaming us pretty good for all that at close to 200 a month.

Cutting the cord

We've also decided that it's kind of stupid to pay $110 a month to watch TV, and we don't even have premium channels. Getting a new Roku, cutting back to basic cable at $17 per month, and keeping Netflix. Most shows stream online now anyways. I'll miss the old movies, but you can rent them, and it's far cheaper and more fun to go to a bar to watch the big game. Next is the landline, but I'm getting a lot of pushback on that from the wife.

Geoff in CT

All great inputs and I thank everyone. I think I am going to axe the satellite and go with an aerial HDTV antenna. There are so many free channels in Houston and my Spanish needs some help. I'll investigate the Roku and maybe a smart TV but I just cannot stomach $1400 cold hard cash every year for what I watch. That's a Vegas trip right there.

Today has been all college football on what would be a free station over the air.

Again, thanks everyone for great information.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I kinda don't mind the Simpsons and if I get real lazy on saturday I like Rawhide and the Rifleman ME TV. John Prine had the best idea for the TV.
    Government:. A legalized organized gang of thieves, writ large

Yeah, I don't watch it. My wife has Dish, and every internet service imaginable.
    73" effing bright "movie theater" scree with a 2,000W surround sound system.

I watch a few DVDs every now and again.
    I have every James Bond movie.....
    And Pirates of the Caribbean.
    And the Carol Burnett Show....
    And sometimes a football game....
    And every Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes cartoon DVD....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

About 10 years ago I canceled, Dish Net, service and bought the longest range antenna I could find. I ended up buying from, Radio Shack for $149.00. I don't know, are they still in business?

The real trick was to buy an antenna direction controller (An additional $75 ) that I installed when I put the new antenna up. I can now control the direction the antenna is pointing from the comfort of my easy chair for perfectly clear pictures.
    I now get 74 channels including all the 4 major networks ( they show more then enough sports to satisfy me ) and 2 PBS networks with 6 channels of cooking shows, Nova, and home repair shows. Making me fatter smarter and tired.

I haven't paid for TV in 10 years.

As far as I'm concerned it isn't the computer that is killing TV! It's the pricing and the poor programming.

It's all what your looking for I guess.I have a 60" 4K ultra HD TV and 7.1 surround.Ultra fast internet and WiFi and all the sports,movies,shows.All for 170.00 a month from Charter.That's about 6 bucks a day for a whole shitpot of entertainment.Sure beats the shit out of TV in my youth with 5 channels and rabbit ears to spin around all on a whopping 19" B&W TV.Would I like it to be cheaper why sure but heck I can't take the mula with me when I'm gone so I am going to spend it and enjoy it all with the money my kids,grandkids think they will get-LOL.