Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
As much as the full wing is a nice 'ship', I found that the seating on the full wing sat me to far forward onto the tank. I found that at 6', with a 34" inseam and an arm length to match, the seating position of the F6B was farther back and more relaxing.

I gotta say the white wing is pretty nice, but I can't say enough about how the black one I have gets lots of love from the Harley riders I go out with. I also test rode a white wing, and a white Victory Vision to help me with decision process.

I decided to go with the 'discounted' used 2013, with many of the 'first owner' options I wanted already installed on it. Mine came with an adjustable backrest & rack, Madstad shield, a home-grown version of baker hand wings & mini driver boards. Have to admit I have also installed a couple other items to make it mine though. (A Breakaway Throttle lock arrived yesterday!) Couldn't be happier.

The decision to go with a new bike means you are staring from scratch though, so in addition to the instant depreciation hit, but you (as most do) will be quite likely looking at a shield, a seat, and a back rest & (more importantly) a luggage rack on top of the new bike price. The photo of the above white bike pretty much makes my point.

This will be my last bike, hopefully, and I can't say enough how pleased I am with my choice. Really, in your above options, there isn't a bad choice in the bunch....

Good luck with your decision!

C
I understand your point about having to start from scratch, but every time i've tried to save few dollars i've ended up less than thrilled. I ended up spending extra money trying to get where I really wanted to be, and then still not been that happy.

On previous bikes i tried saving a few dollars on buying accessories based on price, instead of what I really wanted to get. I always felt a little disappointed, and in a few instances replaced the item later on with what i really wanted to begin with. Too many extra parts sat in my garage until I could resell them at a loss.

Sure it cost a bit more, but i have exactly what i want on the bike, (well, except for the woman I REALLY WANT - G67), and couldn't be happier. I'd rather wait a bit and buy exactly what I want, and i've been a lot happier that way, and saved space in my garage from storing used stuff.

This is most definitely going to be my last bike ever, and I'll be damned if she won't be exactly how I want her.

And the dead don't worry about depreciation that much...

YMMV