F6B or Full Wing...? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F6B or Full Wing...?

I had both, owned a 2002 full Wing and me and the wife loved it! Had a couple of close calls with teen girls texting and I sold it and was done. Decided to be safe bought a 2013 Can Am Spyder RTS,... don't recommend this option, EVER! (long story involving lawyers) Ended up buying a 2015 F6B in blue and love it for the styling and looks. The wife was not too keen on it with out the trunk so I had to mod the bike to accept a Kawasaki trunk kit I already had, this trunk can be installed/removed in about 15 minuets that way it's the bike I like and when she wants to go she has the trunk/backrest. Sometimes I wish I had got the full Wing but not very often.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    I had both, owned a 2002 full Wing and me and the wife loved it! Had a couple of close calls with teen girls texting and I sold it and was done. Decided to be safe bought a 2013 Can Am Spyder RTS,... don't recommend this option, EVER! (long story involving lawyers) Ended up buying a 2015 F6B in blue and love it for the styling and looks. The wife was not too keen on it with out the trunk so I had to mod the bike to accept a Kawasaki trunk kit I already had, this trunk can be installed/removed in about 15 minuets that way it's the bike I like and when she wants to go she has the trunk/backrest. Sometimes I wish I had got the full Wing but not very often.
    I saw your thread about the trunk kit and was very impressed. Also saw the recent posts that Kawi had discontinued the kit, and was very disappointed. I'm sure there are other similar options that could be explored... I may continue to look into this.

With respect to my wife, she has never ridden with me (except a few times as kids on my dirt bikes), and unfortunately our time to ride off together into the sunset is being threatened by other unstoppable influences. As a result, her sunset will come sooner than mine. If I do any two-up riding in the future it would be with my daughter (25), and I don't see that happening often enough to make it a major criteria in my decision. Besides, I recently bought her a 2008 Honda Nighthawk 250 and am teaching her to ride on her own... which would be my preferred adventure with her.

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    If I had the money, I'd get one of each.
    As would I... and in a slew of colors.

But alas... I must instead make a choice.
    Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeady View Post
    Get a 13 or 14 and save the money. Same bike . Spend the savings on a new seat ,ergo 3s, and a windshield.
    As I've watched the market I often see many bikes for sale who's owners have already installed many of these options.
    There are some serious discounted sales happening if you can find them.
    Thanx.

YOLO...get what you want, tomorrow is not promised to anyone !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    YOLO...get what you want, tomorrow is not promised to anyone !

^^^ THIS! ^^^

And these:

lol

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    You only go around life once and you can't take it with ya so if ya can do it financially why not get the bike of your dreams? The new white F6B would be my choosing if that was my dream steed. Good luck on whatever you choose as you will never go wrong choosing a Honda.
    @biglry - hit the nail on the head - !
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    ^^^ THIS! ^^^

And these:

lol
    SWEET! that's the way to set the hook

My Jorney may equal your choice

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm only 2 pounds away from my goal of losing 40 pounds.
    Upon reaching that goal, I have told myself I'm free to purchase the Wing of my dreams. (I currently ride a 2003 ST1100P).

Some of you might remember my post from back in September when I had the opportunity to rent an F6B for a day in southern California. This trip started me on my diet and my quest for the perfect bike for me. I plan to do some touring/camping that will be 95% solo. I've been collecting my gear, and for the most part, it will fit in two saddlebags and either a top box, or a large tail bag that I already have. Now that I've been watching the market and gathering information to make an educated decision, I have three new concerns...

Do I plop $16k - $17k into the 2016 White F6B that originally caught my fancy?

+ has warranty
    + has Cruise Control
    + is what I originally wanted

- costs the most
    - huge depreciation hit

Or do I save several thousand dollars and get a 2013-2014?

+ big discounts and soft sellers market
    + may or may not have warranty

- doesn't have Cruise Control
    - can't get White

Or do I find a nice used "Full Wing" that would fit my needs?

+ great market for low mileage used bikes right now
    + already has Cruise and many other options that were stripped to create the F6B
    + trunk (something I fell in love with on my PC800)
    + plenty of White ones out there for sale

- not an F6b (will I miss the sportiness of the bagger?)
    - 900+ pounds (not something I'm afraid of... but really... 900+ pounds?)

I'm just looking for others opinions. Especially those who may have owned both bikes.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

Jim
    When i got into the F6 market in 2016 i thought the 2014 Valkyrie F6C would work and save me some moolah at 11K out the door. Fell in love with the platform! Woof.
    But alas, I wanted more touring capability so I bought a 2015 F6B @ 16K out the door. Woof Woof.
    Now I'm really in love with these F6 scoots - but the full boat gold wing? I took one for a ride and it's behemoth nature scared the heck out of me.
    Being 5'7" the Full Wing is just too damn much bike for my little arse + the wifey and no one else is throwing a leg over it.
    No breasts at your back = why go all the way?
    You can't go wrong with a new set of wheels if you can afford it. If not there are lots of great deals to be had that folks have done tons of ugrades to.
    So Unless your destined to tote some fine lady behind you to keep your back side warm, stay with the B. And unless you need to be frugal and pinch pennies go NEW and HUNT for the DEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    I'm only 2 pounds away from my goal of losing 40 pounds.
    Upon reaching that goal, I have told myself I'm free to purchase the Wing of my dreams. (I currently ride a 2003 ST1100P).

Some of you might remember my post from back in September when I had the opportunity to rent an F6B for a day in southern California. This trip started me on my diet and my quest for the perfect bike for me. I plan to do some touring/camping that will be 95% solo. I've been collecting my gear, and for the most part, it will fit in two saddlebags and either a top box, or a large tail bag that I already have. Now that I've been watching the market and gathering information to make an educated decision, I have three new concerns...

Do I plop $16k - $17k into the 2016 White F6B that originally caught my fancy?

+ has warranty
    + has Cruise Control
    + is what I originally wanted

- costs the most
    - huge depreciation hit

Or do I save several thousand dollars and get a 2013-2014?

+ big discounts and soft sellers market
    + may or may not have warranty

- doesn't have Cruise Control
    - can't get White

Or do I find a nice used "Full Wing" that would fit my needs?

+ great market for low mileage used bikes right now
    + already has Cruise and many other options that were stripped to create the F6B
    + trunk (something I fell in love with on my PC800)
    + plenty of White ones out there for sale

- not an F6b (will I miss the sportiness of the bagger?)
    - 900+ pounds (not something I'm afraid of... but really... 900+ pounds?)

I'm just looking for others opinions. Especially those who may have owned both bikes.

Thanx in advance for your thoughts.

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotguy299 View Post
    ^^^ THIS! ^^^

And these:

lol
    As much as the full wing is a nice 'ship', I found that the seating on the full wing sat me to far forward onto the tank. I found that at 6', with a 34" inseam and an arm length to match, the seating position of the F6B was farther back and more relaxing.

I gotta say the white wing is pretty nice, but I can't say enough about how the black one I have gets lots of love from the Harley riders I go out with. I also test rode a white wing, and a white Victory Vision to help me with decision process.

I decided to go with the 'discounted' used 2013, with many of the 'first owner' options I wanted already installed on it. Mine came with an adjustable backrest & rack, Madstad shield, a home-grown version of baker hand wings & mini driver boards. Have to admit I have also installed a couple other items to make it mine though. (A Breakaway Throttle lock arrived yesterday!) Couldn't be happier.

The decision to go with a new bike means you are staring from scratch though, so in addition to the instant depreciation hit, but you (as most do) will be quite likely looking at a shield, a seat, and a back rest & (more importantly) a luggage rack on top of the new bike price. The photo of the above white bike pretty much makes my point.

This will be my last bike, hopefully, and I can't say enough how pleased I am with my choice. Really, in your above options, there isn't a bad choice in the bunch....

Good luck with your decision!

C