Matte Silver rattle can match ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matte Silver rattle can match ?

I did the Colorite many years ago for my Charger. White is a hard color to match and they did nail it pretty darn good. Believe it was around $30 for the can and I used every drop. You are going to need a matte clear coat as a final coat. And, sometimes the clear is figured into the final shading so don't skimp it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Thanks for all the input. I may very well end up going the Colorrite route but I'll hunt around a little more. All I'm looking to do is paint the chrome knob I'm using for my saddlebag key to make it less conspicuous.

I get the 'time vs money' argument - but I'm in no real rush so not having to invest dedicated time to the search - and 'going to look for paint' is a great excuse to go for a ride.

So far Home Depot & Lowes are a bust. I'll try a couple of local auto parts stores next. If I do find something I post it here.

I would recommend a truck bed liner coating for your knob. You will be using that knob so often you will wear that paint of in no time. Plus you should strip the chrome off prior to painting. Paint just doesn't like adhering to chrome. For stripping chrome from plastic just let it soak in Clorox bleach overnight, rinse, repeat until it is stripped. It will like disgusting as the bleach strips it but just rinse and repeat. Don't go cheap either, use the Clorox. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have a HD tourpak installed that I had "painted" with Plasti dip grey.
    Perfect match for out of the can.

Seeing as it is such a small part, it might be worth a try. If you dont like it, peel off.
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)