2015 D
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 D

2015 D

Thinking about a F6B for my next bike. Is it true that a 15 Deluxe will get me black mufflers, cruise control, reverse, pass back rest and luggage rack? I know center stand and headed grips are an item also but not as important to me. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Thinking about a F6B for my next bike. Is it true that a 15 Deluxe will get me black mufflers, cruise control, reverse, pass back rest and luggage rack? I know center stand and headed grips are an item also but not as important to me. Mike
    Mike, no reverse and no luggage rack. You can install an aftermarket rack, but the reverse is a no-go on this model (or any other F6B).

No Reverse!

The deluxe option not on the standard are Cruise control, self cancelling turn signals, heated grips, and a fine center stand and a passenger backrest, you will have to add a luggage rack if you need one. All these things were not on my last motorcycle and now after having them on my 2015 deluxe I would never buy a motorcycle without them. It would be like going back to the stone-age without them.

Are the brakes abs or just linked or neither?

I've read about low/soft paint quality, it is better on the later year bikes?

Are the brakes abs or just linked or neither?
    I have the F6B Deluxe and the brakes are linked - very nice feature I might add! I like it better than ABS.
    Paint is ok, not the best, but not the worst. Just use some liquid glass or other fantastic wax and try not to use your bike for a tool table in the garage - it's tempting with that big ol seat.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Thanks for the info.

And I thought if you read it on the internet it had to be true.

quote: Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B Deluxe. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition - electronic cruise control - makes long highway days pass even more easily.

From: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...F6B-Deluxe.htm

Same site also said this:
    The twin-spar aluminium frame provides strength and delivers a great handling motorcycle, as do 45mm anti-dive telescopic forks and Pro-Link rear suspension. A Dual Combined ABS braking system ensures rapid and secure stopping power on a variety of road surfaces and conditions.

Thanks for the info.

And I thought if you read it on the internet it had to be true.

quote: Feedback from owners has led to two specification upgrades for 2015. Reverse gear is now also original equipment on the Gold Wing F6B Deluxe. Operated from the right handlebar and driven by the electric starter motor reverse helps back the bike out of an uphill parking space, especially when loaded or with a pillion. The second addition - electronic cruise control - makes long highway days pass even more easily.

From: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...F6B-Deluxe.htm
    No reverse on the USA version. No ABS on the USA version, though they have it in Canada.

Wrong territory

The Australian model has reverse, ABS, cruise, etc.