2015 D - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 D

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    The deluxe option not on the standard are Cruise control, self cancelling turn signals, heated grips, and a fine center stand and a passenger backrest, you will have to add a luggage rack if you need one. All these things were not on my last motorcycle and now after having them on my 2015 deluxe I would never buy a motorcycle without them. It would be like going back to the stone-age without them.
    I do believe cruise control comes standard on all 2015 and newer models...the Deluxe does add the other 4 options that you listed though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
    I do believe cruise control comes standard on all 2015 and newer models...the Deluxe does add the other 4 options that you listed though.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Everything I wanted to reply to has already been answered... except your question about "Black" pipes.
    From what I can tell, the color of the pipes is dependent on the color of the bike you want, based on the way Honda decides.
    I cannot find anywhere that the color is optional or can be specifically defined by the buyer.
    Perhaps you can get what you want from someone who has upgraded or swapped to aftermarket exhaust.

Just my $.02.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Everything I wanted to reply to has already been answered... except your question about "Black" pipes.
    From what I can tell, the color of the pipes is dependent on the color of the bike you want, based on the way Honda decides.
    I cannot find anywhere that the color is optional or can be specifically defined by the buyer.
    Perhaps you can get what you want from someone who has upgraded or swapped to aftermarket exhaust.

Just my $.02.

Jim
    No chrome pipes available from factory after the 2014 model year to my knowledge...2015,16,17 all have the louder black powder coated pipes...Some like them, others not....Many options are available from after-market companies......Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    No chrome pipes available from factory after the 2014 model year to my knowledge...2015,16,17 all have the louder black powder coated pipes...Some like them, others not....Many options are available from after-market companies......Ride safe
    True. Black, somewhat louder pipes for 2015 and later bikes. I would gladly give anyone my "quiet" chrome 2013 OEM pipes for the loud, black, 2015 or later pipes.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Ok, that makes sense... I was basing my knowledge on the pictures I've seen.
    I prefer black, but I also prefer silence.
    The bike I'm purchasing has aftermarket, so if I don't like them, I'll be looking for black... but hoping for quiet.
    Was there really that much difference in tone between the older and the new?

Hey 2wheelsforme,

Sent a PM...

Quote Originally Posted by Big TP View Post
    Hey 2wheelsforme,

Sent a PM...
    Got it and thanks to a fellow Floridian. Wish I was close enough to one to sit on a bike. No one around here even has one on the showroom floor new or used. I'm over 6'2" and close to 300 pounds and worry about room. I ride a 05 Yamaha Venture now and it is barely big enough. I also have a VTX-1800 that has the forks raked and extended and the bars are taller so it is big and fits me perfect. The yammie has 117k miles and I'm starting to worry about out of town dependability, the stator is being replaced as we speak. Started going out while I was over a thousand miles from home, but I made it back. The X is no windshield and for around town only, a 03 retro with 50K on the odo. The F6B is the only bike I like the looks of enough to spend the extra money for instead of a lower mileage Venture.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Got it and thanks to a fellow Floridian. Wish I was close enough to one to sit on a bike. No one around here even has one on the showroom floor new or used. I'm over 6'2" and close to 300 pounds and worry about room. I ride a 05 Yamaha Venture now and it is barely big enough. I also have a VTX-1800 that has the forks raked and extended and the bars are taller so it is big and fits me perfect. The yammie has 117k miles and I'm starting to worry about out of town dependability, the stator is being replaced as we speak. Started going out while I was over a thousand miles from home, but I made it back. The X is no windshield and for around town only, a 03 retro with 50K on the odo. The F6B is the only bike I like the looks of enough to spend the extra money for instead of a lower mileage Venture.
    You in Gulf Breeze? I'm in Milton.
    Always happy to show off my girl.

When do you want to meet up?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    You in Gulf Breeze? I'm in Milton.
    Always happy to show off my girl.

When do you want to meet up?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Kool! Now I got a neighbor that is a member with a F6B. Will give you a shout this weekend. I think I now understand that black was not offered after 14 and cruise was not added until 15. So I can not have black and cruise control, right? Decisions. First is I got to make sure I will fit.