I went to the New York bike show yesterday and suffered some disappointments.
BMW did not have their new 1600-B on display for one, but the biggest disappointment was meeting the head of Honda's marketing dept. and one of his in step workers.
They confirmed that Honda was not discontinuing the f6b at this time but they would only be offering it in white this year.
I pressed on as to why they are not promoting the B better. His only response was they do advertise in bike magazines.
I suggested that they think about using the B as a basic build your own bike with a list of options that could be added at the dealers (giving the dealers extra business not to mention a new source of product income for Honda) and these could be added at the owners convenience and budget.
I was told to go to their web site and there was an option to build your own bike. I never noticed that. Did you?
I asked him if he was doing anything to respond to the few basic issues brought up regularly on this forum. Unfortunately, He didn't even know about this forum! Can you imagine in this day and age a Marketing director not knowing about a forum that is based on his product? Then he said he couldn't be worried about a relatively small group of people when Honda sells so many bikes through out the world. HMMMMM I always thought of us as a real good free test market!
The good news is, he hinted that Honda is working on a totally new bike. Weather it's to compete with the new BMW 1600-B. and it's 160 horsepower could not be determined by a wink.
Then again a hint is only as good as something you read on the internet