Question about new bike

Thread: Question about new bike

Question about new bike

Hey guys,
    Well I'm less than a week away from taking delivery on my 2013 F6B. The sales guy told me a list of things they did to this bike, and one of them had to do with the center stand! Does that mean it's definitely a deluxe model? Or is this an easy add on option to the standard model? The sales guy was clueless. I'm just wondering if my bike is going to have cruise control (if it's a deluxe it will!) can you tell from the VIN?
    Here's my VIN #: JH2SC6816DK001011
    What other info can be gleaned from this VIN?
    What other extra goodies do you get on the deluxe model besides the center stand and cruise control?
    Thanks!

Center stand can be added to non-deluxe so it may be an option.
    2013s don't have cruise, regardless if deluxe or not. Cruise on F6B began in 2015.
    Riding the upward spiral.

On a thirteen deluxe you get a centerstand, self-canceling turn signals, passenger backrest, and heated handgrips over a standard. No cruise.

What ^^ he ^^ said. Cruise was not available in 2013 or 2014 models. It has nothing to do with Standard or Deluxe.

After searching on the VIN and looking at the dealers listing your bike does not appear to be a Deluxe.

The Deluxe model would have included a Passenger Backrest, Heated Grips, a Center Stand and Self-Cancelling Turn Signals.
    Your Center Stand was likely added by the previous owner.

[Others beat me to it.]

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    What ^^ he ^^ said. Cruise was not available in 2013 or 2014 models. It has nothing to do with Standard or Deluxe.

After searching on the VIN and looking at the dealers listing your bike does not appear to be a Deluxe.

The Deluxe model would have included a Passenger Backrest, Heated Grips, a Center Stand and Self-Cancelling Turn Signals.
    Your Center Stand was likely added by the previous owner.

[Others beat me to it.]

Thanks guys for setting me straight. I've never had a bike with self cancelling turn signals so I'm used to manually turning them off, so that's no big deal. I also won't do much riding when I'll need heated grips, and if that changes I assume they can be added fairly easily? Also I assume adding the passenger backrest is also easy, right?
    Thanks for checking out my VIN too! You guys rock!

Yes, adding the pax backrest is easy. I did mine myself. Congrats on the bike, I also have a 2013 leftover.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

The Baker Hand wings negate the imminent requirement for heated grips. They will extend your riding season. My deluxe with heated grips and wings allow me to wear my summer gloves all year. A good mod to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    The Baker Hand wings negate the imminent requirement for heated grips. They will extend your riding season. My deluxe with heated grips and wings allow me to wear my summer gloves all year. A good mod to begin with.
    Yup. Makes a world of difference on those 40 degree Florida mornings when I don't have to get out the big gloves.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Heated grips came with my 13 deluxe and some red paint that would show up on wax applicators.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!