Reflective pin striping
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reflective pin striping

Reflective pin striping

Anyone done this with a motorcycle, or an F6B?

http://www.buzznick.com/tron-inspired-car/

Looks like the racers from the movie Tron

I do have to tell you, our F6B's really do need a little more visibility from the sides... they are pretty dark at night

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I've seen that on wheels, not on the body like that...not too keen on the overkill.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I've seen that on wheels, not on the body like that...not too keen on the overkill.
    I had my wheels done in reflective blue with a kit from Stripe-it-all and really liked the look, but it was short lived cause in a few months it was getting wrinkles in the tape that allowed dirt under it that only made it worse. Had to pull both wheels and remove it completely and that was a mess,... never again.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I did black stripes that reflect at night silver or white. Did a stripe just above the radiator openings and also two strips on the rear panel. Hard to see during the day but really look cool at night.

Attachment 24579

Attachment 24580

Attachment 24581
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I did black stripes that reflect at night silver or white. Did a stripe just above the radiator openings and also two strips on the rear panel. Hard to see during the day but really look cool at night.

Attachment 24579

Attachment 24581
    Now I like that. Subtle in the day, and effectively noticeable at night.

I'd like to see how you did the two stripes on the rear panel. Did you contemplate putting reflective striping on the lower sides of the saddlebags as well?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Very cool! I installed the LED Badge rings and get a lot of wanted attention. Even when passing a car at night it really lets them know I am there, plus I get a good look at them.

Will, I couldn't get into position in the dark garage with my flashlight for a decent pic during the day. I just followed the lines of where the black piece piece meets the painted piece. So there are two stripes that go up from the bottom and then go outwards along that line. I did want something on the split on the saddlebags but ran out of tape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I've ordered some more hi-reflect tape for the F6B to mirror what I did on my previous bike...it throws significant light back at the source. I had several people ask me if I had LED lights on while I was out at night.

Here is what it looked like with just the wheels done sitting in the driveway.
    Attachment 24582

On Amazon, it can be found using search "High Intensity Reflective tape". If you clean the area of install very well, use Isopropyl Alcohol in the areas you are going to apply it to, you should have no problem getting this stuff to stay on. My NM4 held it's wheel tape for over a year before I sold it, and the current owner still has it installed.

Another product for wheels that comes in reflective or in a variety of other styles is offered by this company. http://www.tapeworks.com/Rimstripes/

The red would look sharp on the black B and I've seen a picture of a bike on this forum I believe that had the red wheel striping -- just can't find that photo now.