Best replacement windshield? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

I have had the Baggershield 19" vented on my ride for two years and it has held up well.I am in Northern Nevada and our weather is much like yours.The vent is really nice in the summer to move a little air to your noggin and helps some with buffeting.Also the Baker hand wings are great with a better windshield.Pics were taken before I installed the hand win gs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The F4 is an amazing product - their display at bike shows with the steel wool NOT scratching their windshield is very impressive.
    And if you are like my namesake, Steve 0080, and MUST have a vent, these are optimal.

I went with Madstad because I thought the two piece in dark smoke just looked cool as sh$t and gave Isleen more of a badass look.
    And, it works well at throwing wind & rain over the pilot and not at the pilot.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Can someone provide me with a link to the Madstad? Thanks!

Steve, I had NO IDEA that you were Santa Claus! That's so cool! For Christmas I want the perfect windshield, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I need a vent...http://www.clearviewshields.com/moto...b-windshields/.... has the nicest optics IMO... The MadStad seems to block the most wind.

The ...http://www.getklocked.com/shop/flaretm-for-honda-f6b... is the best looking (also with a vent)

I went thru 6-or so on my B.... Each one did something nicer than the other.......

The only one who can answer this is YOU...

My suggestion would be to:

1. Look at seats first

2. Adjust handlebars second

3. Windshield third

Ditto - copy that - and add ride with the windshield for awhile - you may like it.
    I just bought and installed the F4 and love it. I'm 5'7" and went with the 11" clear vented model.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

No there is not grit or dirt getting between the two shields

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Wow, it seems everyone has a different opinion on this one. I love the price of the baggershield adjustable, only $139!
    My concern with that shield is if dirt or grit gets between the 2 shields and you raise or lower the extension, don't you get scratches in one or both pieces? I'm also not too keen with the fact that one shield is tinted and the extension is clear. I'd prefer to have both pieces smoked, though I realize having the extension clear is because when it's raised you will be looking through the shield instead of over it.

I like the looks of the F4shield but the price, yikes! I like the scratch resistant properties and the fact I can clean it with paper towels and Windex if I want. I'm basically lazy when it comes to cleaning the bike and will take the easy route if given the opportunity. I had a Vulcan Nomad and scratching the OEM shield was a BIG problem! I suspect the baggershield will be made of the same easily scratched material as that shield and therefor my comments about scratching when raising & lowering the clear extension.

I live in Bend, Oregon where there are 4-5 months each year where riding is not safe (snow & ice on the roads) and we rarely hit over 100 in the summers, so I doubt I'd need a vent. I've been riding an M109R with no shield here for 10 years and don't miss not having one, but then again I got the F6B so I would have the ability to take road trips so.... (yeah, I'm rambling, this is how I work through things, I've been accused of over thinking things, LOL!)

I like the one that the first Steve mentioned, the Klock Werks Flare. The shorter one of those in dark tint may be my best choice, but I'd hate to spend $300 on something and not be able to try it out first. How scratch resistant is this shield? Does anyone know?

Also, the clear view shield, 14" or 16", dark smoke, sport, with recurve and no vent is only $155-$165, so the price is right. How scratch resistant is that one?

So many good choices, so much valuable advice. What's a guy to do?

Thanks guys for the advice. Keep it coming!
    The upper shield is always behind the bottom shield so there is no way for grit or dirt to get between the two as they are held slightly apart by the 3 keeper that hold them together. On the bagger shield are keeper that hold the two together and all you do is loosen them and remove them from the holes and flip the top piece upside down and reinsert the 3 keepers and the top piece always stays on the inside of the bottom one. You don't raise or lower it you flip it completely over and out of view and reinstall the 3 keepers that hold the two.

Klock Werks

I ordered a Klock Werks shield before I took delivery of my F6B. I liked the looks that much. To my pleasant surprise it works quite well for me. That re-curve at the top is very effective. And it looks great.

Windshields are like women....Choose the one that fits your needs and desires the best and then live with it and enjoy your decision....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    Can someone provide me with a link to the Madstad? Thanks!

Steve, I had NO IDEA that you were Santa Claus! That's so cool! For Christmas I want the perfect windshield, OK?
    Here ya go:
    http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.11546/.f

I have the 13" in "Extra Dark Grey"

Attachment 24915

IMG_20160705_210531003.jpg

Hope this helps!
    Signed,
    Santa
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Here ya go:
    http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.11546/.f

I have the 13" in "Extra Dark Grey"

Attachment 24915

Attachment 24916

Hope this helps!
    Signed,
    Santa
    Thanks for the link & the pic Santa. Sorry but I don't care for the looks. So far I'm leaning towards the knock werks posted in the message before yours by F6Dave. I can see how it will look on my red F6B. And for about $280 it's a no brainer. If it performs as well as it looks then I will be one happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I ordered a Klock Werks shield before I took delivery of my F6B. I liked the looks that much. To my pleasant surprise it works quite well for me. That re-curve at the top is very effective. And it looks great.

Thanks Dave,
    I think your photo and feedback may have helped me to make up my mind.

One quick unrelated question: I suspect the black plastic on my new bike may be a bit faded. Yours looks brand new. Do you use Mothers Back to Black to keep it looking good or...?
    Nice looking bike dude!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Windshields are like women....Choose the one that fits your needs and desires the best and then live with it and enjoy your decision....JMHO
    Hi Opas, well I have a proven track record of picking the wrong women. I hope
    I'm better at picking a windshield than I am at picking women!