Best replacement windshield? - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I like the look and I have had the 11 to 19 inch bagger shield on my bike since I bought it new in 2015 and its held up well and it is versatile being that you can have full coverage when at 19 inches or invert the top piece for the hot days taking it to 11 inches. and it looks good on the bike an is excellent at wind protection.
    Go to baggershield.com and check them out
    +1

I put the Baggershield on my bike. I found the 14" lower shield to be too low by itself and the 19" top shield to be too high. I like to look over the windscreen, not through it. I ended up bolting the stock shorty windscreen to the lower portion of the Baggershield. It gave me about 2 inched of more height on the windscreen. Now the wind blows over my helmet when riding. Doesn't look too bad either. I used smoked chrome bolts and rounded nuts.

New Windshield

I just purchased a clear windshield from 7JuRock for traveling long distances. It is a 23" tall with a flip at the top. The flip causes some distortion in my line of sight (I'm 6'3") so I took it back off. I'm going to try and send it back but may be stuck with it. It would be good for someone shorter and has plenty of wind protection. Any takers?

I just ordered this shield

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    This is my first post ever on any forum. I bought a 2016 Matte Silver F6B deluxe two weeks ago. The 115 mile drive home made me hate the bike. The stock windshield was absolutely useless. I read several post and articles. I purchased a Taka 14" windshield. Wow, what a difference. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam.The wind was pushed over my head and I had a clear line of sight over the windshield.Even with 20mph gust I could hear he radio at 65 and I love the bike. Hoping for a good ride this weekend. We shall see how it holds up. The installation was straight forward perhaps made a little easier by watching one done on the net. F6Broy
    Well F6Broy, I just ordered the 14" Dark Tint Taka S windshield based on your description. I, too, am 6'2" and like to look over the windshield. The price was right and I thought I'd take a chance. I'll post up a photo and my thoughts after I get the shield installed and ride with it a bit. StillLine

Quote Originally Posted by StillLine View Post
    Well F6Broy, I just ordered the 14" Dark Tint Taka S windshield based on your description. I, too, am 6'2" and like to look over the windshield. The price was right and I thought I'd take a chance. I'll post up a photo and my thoughts after I get the shield installed and ride with it a bit. StillLine
    That's the same shield and size I have on mine. Ignore the instructions that come with it, they are for a regular GW, and mention a piece that is not in the box. That is my only knock on the purchase; if you are including instructions, make sure they are relevant.

I wish Taka offered a vent. I thought that really helped on warm/hot days.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

They are $65 currently, which is a pretty good price to try one out.

Cool Looks good! Price varies by size

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    That's the same shield and size I have on mine. Ignore the instructions that come with it, they are for a regular GW, and mention a piece that is not in the box. That is my only knock on the purchase; if you are including instructions, make sure they are relevant.
    That looks really good on your white F6B! Instructions? I don't need no stinkin' instructions. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    They are $65 currently, which is a pretty good price to try one out.
    The $65 is for the shortest (7") and the price increases with size. Shipping for the 14" shield to me in Illinois was $22.50. So my total expenditure was $122.50.

I don't get sentimental about motorcycles.

That's a lie.

I'm a bit more than a little sentimental about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by StillLine View Post
    That looks really good on your white F6B! Instructions? I don't need no stinkin' instructions. Thanks for the heads up!

The $65 is for the shortest (7") and the price increases with size. Shipping for the 14" shield to me in Illinois was $22.50. So my total expenditure was $122.50.
    Ooops, sorry. I forgot about the way that price climbs. I got mine with a 50% off code, so paid $55 plus shipping.

The instructions aren't really needed, it's just that they mention a piece that was not in the box. Knowing how crap gets missed these days, I reached out to them to ask if something was needed, but not shipped.

JM, how do you like the Taka? How tall are you? You guys with the Taka, is it any wider than stock? Thanks!

Mike