Best replacement windshield? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    JM, how do you like the Taka? How tall are you? You guys with the Taka, is it any wider than stock? Thanks!
    Mike
    It's fine for me. Honestly, and I hope to not offend anyone. but I look at windshields on a motorcycle as an aid, not a solution. They can reduce the force of the wind a bit, but IT'S A MOTORCYCLE. If I wanted to be totally isolated from any wind, I would take my truck. The stock shield really did nothing for me, I got a great deal on the Taka, and it does what I want it to, while still not detracting from the looks of the bike.

I'm 6', and bought the 14".

It's wider than stock in that it doesn't have an immediate radius on the sides as it exits the fairing, like the stock does. However, it is not wider at this exit, or any part after that.

Out on Park Road 4 here in Central Texas on Sunday morning.

just wax

For decades, all I've ever used on all my windshields & helmet shields is the same wax as I use on my bike. Beads water, EZ to clean bugs & other crap off. A cleaner - wax it'll also remove fine scratches. I use it on my eye gear too. Like the instructions say, use clean soft cloth to apply & remove. Hint: in the rain, just turn your head L & R, the water rolls right off.

I have the Madstad I think 11" Extra Dark Tint
    I am 5' 8" tall and have the Mustang seat.
    I love the windshield / I had the F4 Customs with vent med tint and took it off for the Madstad. I have never looked back.
    You can go to the gallery (stevenolts) and see pics of my bike. I think the Extra Dark Madstad looks great on the bike. The wind protection and being adjustable for different helmets etc... is great.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    OK I thought I was all set with my shield (Cee Baily 14") but it could be better. Everyone says 2 things about madstad...how good and how ugly. The madstad website really doesnt show the hardware, mounting, overall and specific visual effect....soooooo:
    How ugly is the Madstad?

When I took off my windshield and started installing the Madstad, I said to myself "WTF is this."
    It was butt ugly.
    Once I had it all put together, I thought I'd put the old one back on.
    Looked at it for a while, did a lot of grumbling and swearing.
    The next ride, it looked a bit less ugly.
    By the end of the week, it looked even more less ugly.
    By the end of the month, I realized it looked "Bad Ass."
    I get more positive comments on the windshield that I would have imagined.
    If you give it just a bit of an open mind, you will see the genius in both the design and function.
    But most importantly, it out performs the other four windshields I paid for and have hanging from the garage ceiling.

Save your money, time, and effort, get the Madstad and ride happily ever after.

Well, I'm gonna try the LRS. I agree, it's a motorcycle. However, the wind noise for the accessory Honda is horrible on my ears! I've ridden 60+k miles with a Windvest on my Roadglide and my ears only hurt if I'm cranking on it at 80 plus, and that's from the exhaust, not the wind or radio. I can barely hear the radio on the B, so something needs to change. I've also got Loopz coming, so that'll fix the drone.

Mike

anybody tried the "lamar lip" on their "B"??

I hope you like it as much as I do!!

Quote Originally Posted by StillLine View Post
    Well F6Broy, I just ordered the 14" Dark Tint Taka S windshield based on your description. I, too, am 6'2" and like to look over the windshield. The price was right and I thought I'd take a chance. I'll post up a photo and my thoughts after I get the shield installed and ride with it a bit. StillLine

StillLine, hope you like it as much as I do. Real nice windshield for the price. Such an improvement over stock. Good luck. F6Broy

Cool I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    StillLine, hope you like it as much as I do. Real nice windshield for the price. Such an improvement over stock. Good luck. F6Broy
    I'm optimistic that it'll do the trick. In the meantime, while I'm waiting on the LRS to arrive, I tinted my stock shield with 0% spray tint.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Well, I'm gonna try the LRS. I agree, it's a motorcycle. However, the wind noise for the accessory Honda is horrible on my ears! I've ridden 60+k miles with a Windvest on my Roadglide and my ears only hurt if I'm cranking on it at 80 plus, and that's from the exhaust, not the wind or radio. I can barely hear the radio on the B, so something needs to change. I've also got Loopz coming, so that'll fix the drone. Mike
    Good luck! I personally can't speak to the radio on the F6B; I have my helmets set up with Senas, so haven't really monkeyed around with the radio that much. Have you tried earplugs? I picked up a set of Eargasm plugs on Amazon, and am looking forward to trying them out.

Klockworks

I have a question for those with the Klockworks, is it possible to drill new holes and lower it ? If so how much? I just think the 14 will be too tall when I lower my seat. Thank you for any input.