Baker Built AirWings ripoff killer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker Built AirWings ripoff killer

Baker Built AirWings ripoff killer

Having had enough of these hillbilly ripoff artists and their snapcap cartel I dedicated 2 hours in Home Depot to find something to shut them down and I did. Drop dead you bastards, you've seen the last of my money.

https://youtu.be/oEG09I2w8og

Always satisfying to find a cheaper, substitute item locally.

I destroyed my plastic bolt hole covers on my aftermarket luggage rack; a trip to Lowe's yielded the same type plastic plugs.

It is ridiculous that shipping can cost more; than the item's cost itself

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I never minded anyone making money but no one, not even Baker, would pay more for shipping than the actual product but they have no problem charging it.

Nice call-out on that one TF. The most USPS First Class for a "First Class Mail" envelope should cost is only $2.00 The envelopes are free at USPS (at least at the two places near me so their handling fee is over the top for sure. Then to find that same item at your local BBS for even less, and better quality from the sound of it, icing on the cake.

Here is the same item...only quantity of 100. They ship in a bag similar to what you got from Ohio....for about $0.10 per unit after shipping charge is applied, and they ship Priority Mail.

100 Pcs Screw Cap Cup Washer Hinged Cover Black For #8 Screws
    by DIRECT HARDWARE
    Price: $3.53 + $6.89 shipping

umbrella?

L M A O

that was hilarious !
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Having had enough of these hillbilly ripoff artists and their snapcap cartel I dedicated 2 hours in Home Depot to find something to shut them down and I did. Drop dead you bastards, you've seen the last of my money.

https://youtu.be/oEG09I2w8og
    I never minded anyone making money but no one, not even Baker, would pay more for shipping than the actual product but they have no problem charging it.
    Nice video and right on, but are you sure that calling the covers from Baker "Japanese Garbage" wasn't a slight slip of the tongue...As the F6B's are made in Japan and one of the best bikes available, I am pretty sure you meant to say "Chinese Garbage" instead....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Nice video and right on, but are you sure that calling the covers from Baker "Japanese Garbage" wasn't a slight slip of the tongue...As the F6B's are made in Japan and one of the best bikes available, I am pretty sure you meant to say "Chinese Garbage" instead....Regards
    I was in the moment and I lose my filter but thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Nice call-out on that one TF. The most USPS First Class for a "First Class Mail" envelope should cost is only $2.00 The envelopes are free at USPS (at least at the two places near me so their handling fee is over the top for sure. Then to find that same item at your local BBS for even less, and better quality from the sound of it, icing on the cake.

Here is the same item...only quantity of 100. They ship in a bag similar to what you got from Ohio....for about $0.10 per unit after shipping charge is applied, and they ship Priority Mail.

100 Pcs Screw Cap Cup Washer Hinged Cover Black For #8 Screws
    by DIRECT HARDWARE
    Price: $3.53 + $6.89 shipping
    The way I lose these things I'd probably be better off buying 100 at a time.

The way I lose these things I'd probably be better off buying 100 at a time.
    Where do these things go on the Baker's? I don't recall seeing, installing or losing them!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Where do these things go on the Baker's? I don't recall seeing, installing or losing them!
    Steve,

Here are some pics