Took delivery of my F6B
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Took delivery of my F6B

Took delivery of my F6B

Hi guys,
    Well yesterday the dealer actually brought my F6B to my house, which is a good thing because we've got a LOT of snow recently!

Here's a link to some pics.

As you can see, the paint around the gas tank sucks, lots of orange peel, and the edges are bare in places. Is this similar to what you guys are experiencing with the paint issues you guys talk about? The paint on the rest of the bike looks great.

Some other accessories that were included:
    Brake Away Throttle Lock

Kuryakyn Highway Pegs

And I need help identifying this shield. Is this a Baggershield?

I'm also not sure what to make of this drivers backrest Can it be easily removed? I won't be able to test drive it for a while.

As you can see from this photo, which shows my 2 month old Mazda CX-9 in the background and a look at my snowy neighborhood, I won't be riding anytime soon.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Those bare paint scuffs are nothing that I have seen before, its a red F6B therefor its possible that the paint may have flown off when it hit Mach 2 speeds. The backrest looks like a Utopia attached at bottom of seat pan and if removed you will end up with a hole, The shield is a WindBender, The Breakaway is a sweet add on. The snow ... sucks, last I checked U-Haul had trucks in your area, pack everything up and drive south

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Cool

Yup !!!! 85* here today and most of the week....I can't get the grass to stop growing !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Congrats... I'm still waiting for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Congrats... I'm still waiting for mine.
    Thanks Jim. Yours, while the same year and color as mine, has about 1/10th the miles mine has. And I bet your paint is in better shape than mine too. I wonder if I can replace the painted parts around my tank? Or maybe just have them repainted? Frankly I think you should keep it red, I'm not a fan of white. But you seem to like looking like a cop, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    ... you seem to like looking like a cop, eh?
    Actually, I have a history of White/Black with about a dozen vehicles in the past. It's kind of a trademark for me. And now that you mention it... I've learned there is a bit of an advantage to the "cop bubble."

I am a bit nervous about the 2013 paint problems.

My red 2013 gas tank area paint looks nothing like that. I bought mine a leftover new bike in the spring of 2015 and put several coats of Liquid Glass on all the paint and it looks as it should to this day. Not to knock your bike but that paint is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sandragggen View Post
    My red 2013 gas tank area paint looks nothing like that. I bought mine a leftover new bike in the spring of 2015 and put several coats of Liquid Glass on all the paint and it looks as it should to this day. Not to knock your bike but that paint is horrible.
    No offense taken, I agree it looks like sh*t, which is strange considering the rest of the bike looks pretty good. This was one of my reservations about buying a bike sight unseen. Oh well, I can probably get those parts repainted for a few hundred bucks I would guess. I really can't figure out what might have caused the damage. And since LOTS of owners of this bike complain about problems with the paint I guess I should "join the club". I just wish I knew if this is Honda's fault or if the previous owner might be somehow responsible.

Op was this bike a wreck and restored by any chance? Looks to me like the areas you've shown have been re painted without proper prep. I'm thinking damaged and repaired....... but I'm far from an expert.

On my black 13 the top edge of the gas door was starting to look like yours. Between the bottom edge of the center cubby contacting and the cubby mounted map pouch I ended up putting the Show Chrome black gas door trim on to cover up the paint damage. Even that part was showing ware. On my 14 yellow I've put a clear film protector on the top area of the gas door and replaced that twice in 5,000 miles. Take a close look at your gas door there may be a clear cover on it. To me it looks like some one may have had a map or gas door mounted pouch on it. The left edge of the shelter looks like there may have a cable from the headset jack riding on the paint. Congrats on the new ride.