Motorcycle Covers
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Covers

Motorcycle Covers

OK, so I got a gift card for my birthday intended for a bike cover for the F6B. Before the server crash, there was a thread about covers, and I remember seeing one in particular that I liked, but I can't recall the brand name. I believe it was a stretch to fit design.

The bike is normally garaged, but I like to keep it covered to keep the dust off (I'm in the middle of a lot of agriculture, and dust is frequent). I'd like it to be something I can throw in the saddlebag for long trips as well for a little overnight weather protection.

Does anybody here have a favorite brand/type cover?

Thanks!

Geza covers

The cover that Philip Blair told you about, and the one that I use (have two of them) is the Geza cover. They are not cheap, but they are well worth the money. PBlair had one custom made to fit his F6B. I have an older one (yellow label) and a newer one (white label) and I use both of them when stopping for the night. The newer one goes on first, and then the older one covers that.

They pack up easily, and are very good at keeping most things out. They are not 100% waterproof, but few of them are.

To me, it is worth the money. http://www.gezagear.com/

Geza made this based on my description of the replacement windshield. I would say they did a pretty good job. I have since poked a hole for the antennae. The material will not rip, so the hole is not expanding. You really do get what you pay for, this cover is excellent.

IMG_1589.jpgIMG_1590.jpg
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Geza...that's what I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    The cover that Philip Blair told you about, and the one that I use (have two of them) is the Geza cover. They are not cheap, but they are well worth the money. PBlair had one custom made to fit his F6B. I have an older one (yellow label) and a newer one (white label) and I use both of them when stopping for the night. The newer one goes on first, and then the older one covers that.

They pack up easily, and are very good at keeping most things out. They are not 100% waterproof, but few of them are.

To me, it is worth the money. http://www.gezagear.com/
    Thank You!

Got my Geza

Well since it is made to order it took 3 weeks or so but I really like the final result. the windscreen area is actually a little large to have some extra room in case I decide to install a slightly larger shield.
    20130623_080418.jpg20130621_202209.jpg
    There is a lot of stretch in this fabric. In the picture I have cover loops attached to the passenger pegs when I should have stretched it to the driver's mini boards

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    Geza made this based on my description of the replacement windshield.

Attachment 171Attachment 172
    I ordered the Geza cover whilst waiting for delivery of my bike. At that time, I didn't think about replacement windscreen
    Now that I have a baggershield installed, I just realised the cover isn't going to fit my bike.

(Geza Cover is on the way to me now by post) This has totally wrecked my day!

may not be too bad

My Geza cover has some extra room in the shield area. I am running the stock stubby shield. I bet that I could squeeze a 4-6 inch taller shield under that with no problem. The material is quite stretchy. Don't panic yet. It might be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    My Geza cover has some extra room in the shield area. I am running the stock stubby shield. I bet that I could squeeze a 4-6 inch taller shield under that with no problem. The material is quite stretchy. Don't panic yet. It might be OK.
    Fingera crossed but I just measured the height of the Baggershield- it's a good 12 inches from the base! Was about to re-order another cover but decided to wait a little. Perhaps cheaper to change a shorter shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Darknight, I'm curious which model of cover is shown in your photos? Is that 3/4 cover? I'm also thinking about ordering one. Thanks......

They called it a half cover. Their "full" cover would go over the front fender. Since I may tow it occaisionally, I went with the "pro plus" material.

I'm considering a taller shield.... I think there is enough material and stretch in my current cover to accomodate a moderate increase of shield height.

If I pull the trigger on a new one (shield) I'll post a review and pictures.