I-phone play - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I-phone play

Not sure if this is your issue but......On using the 3.5mm plug/connector. I was using my earbuds with the Honda 5 pin connector and a headphone adapter and when the male end is plugged all the way in, I lost most of my volume. Turns out that there is a conductive piece at the base of the plug and when it came in contact with the receptacle, it would lower the volume. Had to pull connector out @ 1/16"

I don't know what happened but no problem now.

Lot's of riders have already chimed in on the fact of the USB connection in the saddlebag does provide power. It also allows music selection thru the left handlebar controls. The front audio input does have a slight volume difference from my ipod in the rear saddlebag, if you use your phone in the front cubby you will never be able to change songs unless your very quick opening the door then changing songs then closing the door at 65. First question - are you sure you plugged the audio jack all the way in the iphone? Now that you know the USB does provide power there is no reason to move it to the front. My ipod has been in the rear saddlebag since 2014. Reminder music over bluetooth generally will not have the same quality as music over hard wire. At 55 this may not matter to you.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Lot's of riders have already chimed in on the fact of the USB connection in the saddlebag does provide power. It also allows music selection thru the left handlebar controls. The front audio input does have a slight volume difference from my ipod in the rear saddlebag, if you use your phone in the front cubby you will never be able to change songs unless your very quick opening the door then changing songs then closing the door at 65. First question - are you sure you plugged the audio jack all the way in the iphone? Now that you know the USB does provide power there is no reason to move it to the front. My ipod has been in the rear saddlebag since 2014. Reminder music over bluetooth generally will not have the same quality as music over hard wire. At 55 this may not matter to you.
    This has popped up before I believe. There are some threads that explain using a Bluetooth adapter in the USB port to connect your device. Add a powerport in the cubby and your golden