Satelite Radio for F6B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satelite Radio for F6B

Satelite Radio for F6B

Just bought a 2016 F6B Deluxe, and I want to add satellite radio. I found a kit on the XM site, but they said you need to check with the radio manufacture to make sure it is compatible. Any ideas or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hdude05 View Post
    Just bought a 2016 F6B Deluxe, and I want to add satellite radio. I found a kit on the XM site, but they said you need to check with the radio manufacture to make sure it is compatible. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Search satellite radio on this forum to find much about the ease of adding one. I have one in the left cubby. The 3.5 mm male plugs into your receiver to make play on oem sterei. Add power and antenna wire through the cubby and your set. See pics of this by clicking my link below.
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I use a portable XM Xpress unit attached to a Ram mount. I feed it through the 1/8 inch plug in the cubby and set the stereo on auxiliary. The nice thing about this XM head unit is that I move it from one vehicle to the other among my 6 vehicles. I only pay for one subscription this way. I purchase extra base units for each vehicle. When I get off the bike I just slip the unit in my pocket or lock it in the center storage. ramount 3.jpgramount 1.jpg

what about rain on the XM head unit

Quote Originally Posted by BobR View Post
    I use a portable XM Xpress unit attached to a Ram mount. I feed it through the 1/8 inch plug in the cubby and set the stereo on auxiliary. The nice thing about this XM head unit is that I move it from one vehicle to the other among my 6 vehicles. I only pay for one subscription this way. I purchase extra base units for each vehicle. When I get off the bike I just slip the unit in my pocket or lock it in the center storage. Attachment 24932Attachment 24933
    wondering how inclement weather or rain will affect that xm unit?
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Thank you guys for the info, just bought the bike in Oct. and have the time of my life, just want my tunes.

I have the Stratus 7 in the left cubby with the anttena puck on the dash in the middle under the windshield-works great and I can pull the head unit off the bike and I have a base unit in my shop for tunes there when not riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hdude05 View Post
    If you're really looking for ideas or suggestions...may I offer one that is not satellite radio? I've been down that road and hated dealing with those folks at Sirius/XM and decided I would not deal with them ever again. As an alternative, I went the internet radio route. Especially, if you already have a smart phone, you can use any number of internet radio sites (I currently use Radio Tunes) so anywhere you have a cell signal, you can receive your tunes. Audio quality is excellent and the music selection is as well. Roughly, you can listen for 30 hours per Gb of data. So, save your money and consider this alternative.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    If you're really looking for ideas or suggestions...may I offer one that is not satellite radio? I've been down that road and hated dealing with those folks at Sirius/XM and decided I would not deal with them ever again. As an alternative, I went the internet radio route. Especially, if you already have a smart phone, you can use any number of internet radio sites (I currently use Radio Tunes) so anywhere you have a cell signal, you can receive your tunes. Audio quality is excellent and the music selection is as well. Roughly, you can listen for 30 hours per Gb of data. So, save your money and consider this alternative.
    Internet Radio (Radio Tunes) appears to be an option. But it has commercials as well? Just like XM's/Sirus's irritating disk jockeys that are becoming all too prevalent on their stations.

I remember when Satellite radio first came out.. it was WONDERFUL. No commercials, no disk jockeys, etc.... seems that Satellite radio and Interet radio is going the way of cable TV.

Seems you can upgrade Radio Tunes (see below) and pay, for no commercials... though I gol' darn guarantee you that it's a matter of time before you start hearing the fucking disc jockeys interrupt the smooth stream of music.

https://www.radiotunes.com/member/pr...e=RTallFilters

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Internet Radio (Radio Tunes) appears to be an option. But it has commercials as well? Just like XM's/Sirus's irritating disk jockeys that are becoming all too prevalent on their stations.

Seems you can upgrade Radio Tunes (see below) and pay, for no commercials... though I gol' darn guarantee you that it's a matter of time before you start hearing the fucking disc jockeys interrupt the smooth stream of music.

https://www.radiotunes.com/member/pr...e=RTallFilters
    Radio Tunes worked so well and I liked it so much that I did upgrade to premium. Supposedly, the audio quality is the best on premium but I'm not positive about that. I do know the audio quality is very good and, with premium, I'm not bothered with commercials.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Smart Phone Option

I uploaded the XM/Sirius App onto my smart phone and just plugged it in like an ipod. Works fine and it goes in the house with me or where ever I want to listen to it. Not sure about data usage?
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For