New Years Day ride
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Day ride

New Years Day ride

Snuck in a 100 mile day yesterday. 45, sunny, but windy. Still, had that feeling we all get after a ride. Was idle for at least a month, and might be another before the next one. Gotta grab it when you can up here.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Was it that nice down south? Still ice and snow all over the place up here. Some guys have all the luck.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Good for you!
    It's pouring rain here with a cosmic light and sound show.....

Might get to ride by the weekend....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Snuck in a 100 mile day yesterday. 45, sunny, but windy. Still, had that feeling we all get after a ride. Was idle for at least a month, and might be another before the next one. Gotta grab it when you can up here.
    Happy New Year Wayne. Good to hear you also got out. I managed a good 100 mile ride myself around CT and NY, but the bike needed a good cleaning after. The chemicals they spray the roads with had my nice Red F6B a dirty brown when I got home...
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Good for you!
    It's pouring rain here with a cosmic light and sound show.....

Might get to ride by the weekend....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Oh boy did the airport here get lit up by that front this AM. Just snuck in the TRACON door at 6 and DDay started.

I haven't ridden in about 5 days, tomorrow is going to be a perfect morning for the ride to work. Glad you got some riding in Duke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Tradition

Each New Years Day several friends and I do a RTE to Corkey Bells in Polatka Fl. Yesterday was no exception. With temps 80/82 the 110 mile round trip was great, as was the food. Not a rain drop of rain and traffic was light

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Was it that nice down south? Still ice and snow all over the place up here. Some guys have all the luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Happy New Year Wayne. Good to hear you also got out. I managed a good 100 mile ride myself around CT and NY, but the bike needed a good cleaning after. The chemicals they spray the roads with had my nice Red F6B a dirty brown when I got home...
    We get lucky in our little corner here...most of the time. Very little snow so far. Actually, 3" is the most and that was early December. The salt and sand are very minimal and it rained the night before clearing what was there away. Shhhh.....

Happy New Year and let's do some riding this year!

The good news is, there's only 357 days till Christmas!!

For me March is usually the expected start of the regular riding season and that's only 56 days away now, providing I can get that dam tree out of the living room, but please don't rush me. I'll get to it when the fire in the fireplace dies out and the Bourbon bottle runs dry. Till then there's no good reason to be washing a bike and and for Pet's sake if you insist remember to use hot water.!

PS; Last year it took us 3 months to get our first ride in so if we start planning now maybe we can make April fool's day. Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    The good news is, there's only 357 days till Christmas!!

For me March is usually the expected start of the regular riding season and that's only 56 days away now, providing I can get that dam tree out of the living room, but please don't rush me. I'll get to it when the fire in the fireplace dies out and the Bourbon bottle runs dry. Till then there's no good reason to be washing a bike and and for Pet's sake if you insist remember to use hot water.!

PS; Last year it took us 3 months to get our first ride in so if we start planning now maybe we can make April fool's day. Just saying!
    I'll be there! I plan on a lot of small trips this year. All around and I'll try not to say no to any! North, west and south, bring it on.

Happy New Years everyone. Glad to hear the chill hasn't deterred our riding so far this year. I got out also, not far but a fun day with friends.

I be way ready for some extra miles by time April 1st come around.

I still trying to get up to breakfast with Dan some Sunday morning.

Be safe have fun and let the good times roll.
    Jeff