Insurance Time Again - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Time Again

thanks for the suggestion bobo!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    HI TERRY CHECK WITH DALTON TIMMIS THE PERSON I TALKED TO WAS IN HAMILTON ONTARIO MY RATE LAST YEAR WAS 1040.00$. I SWITCHED FROM TD PRIMMUM THERE RATE WAS 1640.00$ FULL COVERAGE WHICH WENT UP OVER 600.00$ FROM THE YEAR BEFORE. I HAVE ALL MY POLICIES WITH AVIVA WHICH GIVES ME SOME DISCOUNTS. HOPES THIS HELPS.
    I wasn't even going to try Aviva (they have car and apartment).
    Saving over $535 against the TD quote! That's a major savings in my world.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    No claims. Don't know just how they "suck".
    Not sure so don't quote me, but a couple guys on this board, and on my old Victory web-site, were very unhappy with Dairyland when they tried to get their bikes repaired after an accident as they would not settle the claims without a big hassle and were very demanding as to what dealer did the work, or so I am told.....Maybe they will work for you, who knows until you try!!....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by F6Dave View Post
    I know it varies a lot, but for me in Colorado, Allstate is so much cheaper that one other agent said he'd rather not bother running a competitive quote. I pay $305 a year for full coverage on FOUR motorcycles.
    I'm with Allstate also. But in FLorida, we have the "Miami" crowd that jacks our rates.
    I'm paying $650/year, both bikes, $100k/$300k, towing, collision, etc, etc.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

AMIG.com

Check out American Modern Insurance Group out of Ohio. Yes rates vary by age, credit history, location, etc. but Ameriprise thru Costco handles our home and auto but they don't do cycles. They farm it out to Progressive at a reduced rate. When they quoted my 14 Interceptor, I about passed out.
    AMIG.com was referred to by a member off Two Wheel Texan and when I called, I couldn't believe it. Both the Interceptor and the 13 FB6 are insured at $480/yr. and I live in a big city. Not a claim yet but their customer service so far has been stellar.

Agent

There are many variations state to state. Many years ago I learned a valuable lesson by changing agents as insuring 3x Ducati's was not at all inexpensive. By recommendation, I changed agents and saved ~$1200/year EVERYTHING else stayed the same including coverage AND policy number. My recommendation is to get on a regional web page and ask around.

Holy Crap!!!! I'm in wi and pay about 100 bucks a year through progressive....of course i have my auto and homeowners with them

I have 3 bikes, two are insured with State Farm and the other is with Farmers. Farmers no longer offers bike insurance unfortunately otherwise they'd all be with them. My Farmers is $260 something a year, I pay over $1K for the other two thru State Farm.

I've looked at a few others over the years:

1) Gieco - 15 minutes could quadruple my rates
    2) American Family - Had a horrible agent, the one time I had a claim they fought tooth and nail to deny it
    3) Progressive - Not enough difference to warrant changing from Farmers
    4) Nationwide - Any place that classifies my stepdads 1980 HD FXWG as a sport bike and charges accordingly is nuts.

As I pointed out on an earlier post, don't waste your time trying to compare rates with others on the board...You cannot compare "apples with oranges"..Insurance rates are so different across this country it is impossible to get the same one as someone else...There are too many variables to consider...Find a rate you can live with in your part of the world and ride on!!!...Regards

Check out Johnson Inc.
    I have Unifund Assurance Company and they are very reasonable. I'm around 750 a year full coverage but keep in mind I'm in New Bruinswick.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    As I pointed out on an earlier post, don't waste your time trying to compare rates with others on the board...You cannot compare "apples with oranges"..Insurance rates are so different across this country it is impossible to get the same one as someone else...There are too many variables to consider...Find a rate you can live with in your part of the world and ride on!!!...Regards
    I agree...at least stay with another Canadian...prices there seem a lot higher.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.