Where too in the NE?? - Page 18
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Where too in the NE??

It was a good day. Sorry I had to cut it short and skip the late lunch. Made it home safe and sound. We'll have to do it again some time.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

First, let me say I was glad to hear everybody made it home safe and sound! It had to be a long day for some of you . I just wish we had more time to ride together. ERR eat together.

Yesterday I completed the ride and went to the Francis Walter Dam. It was such a beautiful day sunny with temps in the low 70's, I had to ride.
    Maz would have loved the scene. Standing on top of the dam the eagles and chicken hawks were riding the air currents coming off the dam walls below and up at eye level. They were so close I could have plucked them in mid flight. Watching them reminded me of how we spread our wings shift our weight and lean into a turn on our bikes. So I followed suite and got back on the bike to soar.

The only problem is today looks even better with the forecasted temps in the high 70's touching on 80. Guess what I'm going to do! I'll give you a hint, make like a bird.

OK, we got the first run in! Now we just have to decide when and "Where too in the NE" we should make the next ride ???? Please speak up!!!

PS guess what's working?

Quote Originally Posted by f6bdan View Post
    Thanks for letting me tag along. Nice to meet such a good group of folks. Bob, you are an excellent ambassador for your state.
    Dan, you weren't tagging along you were a welcome part of the group. Come back and ride again!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    It was a good day. Sorry I had to cut it short and skip the late lunch. Made it home safe and sound. We'll have to do it again some time.
    Come on back and this time bring your wife back to her roots.

I'm game...any day trip is good for me. Overnighters I'd have to plan more. Be a little nicer when it warms up more, but let's not let that stop anything! Dan will have a couple nice rides too, upstate NY....looking forward to that.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I'm game...any day trip is good for me. Overnighters I'd have to plan more. Be a little nicer when it warms up more, but let's not let that stop anything! Dan will have a couple nice rides too, upstate NY....looking forward to that.
    I'm not sure I want it any warmer! Yesterday's ride was in the 80's and today I woke up to red burning arms. Maybe riding with only a short sleeved T-shirt wasn't such a good idea.

OK, Dan, Where are you taking us and what are we going to eat????