Where too in the NE?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Believe it or not, the only ride I wouldn't be into is the Laconia, Mt Washington. I've been to Laconia, and it just isn't my kind of day. I want to ride, not walk around banging into people and being in bumper to bumper traffic. What I heard about Mt Washington makes me want to say no thanks. I'd go for the ride, but you guys can do the climb. I'd repeat our first ride for starters, and simply say count me in for whatever else comes along. I've been to the Finger Lakes region too....fantastic up there. I haven't been to northern VT yet either.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

All rides are good, but I'm with the others, I don't do crowds well. I've done and I'm done with the likes of Daytona, If that's where you want to meet to go riding that's fine.

We could repeat our first year ride from last year, or something similar, like a dry run for those not sure how long it takes to get to the meeting spot.

We could also ( for those in the area ) follow suite and start a ride to eat as a regular thing.

I am going to Mt Washington this year but it will probably be more towards August

My riding has been delayed a bit...

Attachment 25130

I'm in for a Mt Washington ride, I've done it before and enjoy the ride up, as long as it is NOT during Laconia. Way too many clowns, showoffs and new riders. Although the road is not difficult, it can be a challenge for new riders.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I'm in for a Mt Washington ride, I've done it before and enjoy the ride up, as long as it is NOT during Laconia. Way too many clowns, showoffs and new riders. Although the road is not difficult, it can be a challenge for new riders.
    Definitely don't do it during bike week. It's even worse when you get stuck behind the cagers in a traffic jam. Nothing like riding the clutch in the friction zone to the top.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

Quote Originally Posted by tpwood View Post
    I used to ride the PA Grand Canyon years ago, great ride along Rt 6, highly recommended. I'd be up for that one too.
    Tim
    A few years ago a friend and I went camping out that way. During one of our side trips we stopped a little country store in the middle of no where. The owner asked us if we were there for the rattlesnake hunt! Who knew. We really enjoyed that area. Nice suggestion.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

OK then let the planning begin!

The first ride will be definitely Sunday March 26 or April 2 or the 9th or the 16th or the first Sunday there after, when it doesn't rain snow, hail or I run the risk of freezing my butt to the seat.

The plan will be to meet at the reception area off I-84 in Matamoras, PA. @ 10 am depart at 10:30. Then follow the signs north or south, or maybe even east or west just to eat and BS. Of course this is all subject to change except for the eating and BS-ing part.

Now, for the second ride? How many weeks should we allow between rides or should we just pick a date and ride?

Any suggestions or preferences on dates to schedule the canyon ride or the lakes ride or maybe northern Vermont? Remember the canyon and the lakes rides will be 2 days Saturday and Sunday rides!

Maybe Tim can suggest the best time of year to visit the Gettysburg Park ride the area and see the history. Heck, living in the area maybe he could suggest the best places to eat down there. After all this gang has been known to spend more on food then gas.

That bring to mind another possible ride to Southern NJ or Maryland for all you can eat crabs. Food makes my mind and bike wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Last years first ride was great, as was the pie and sandwiches

Attachment 25123Attachment 25124
    Hey Bob, when or should I say are you coming back up this way? I'll keep the hotel and bakery open for you !!

Feels good to just have something booked, look forward to....

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Feels good to just have something booked, look forward to....
    ...always...
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce